Hacksaw Ridge

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
bretb

Re: Hacksaw Ridge

Post by bretb »

Woodstock wrote:It is not always correct, though.

What is the algorithm that MakeMKV uses with Java to determine the correct playlist?

I'm ripping Nerve right now, and MakeMKV actually did select the "correct" playlist (though I knew in advance the correct .mpls).

However, I'm curious, if MakeMKV selects the wrong playlist, how do you determine that the wrong playlist was selected, without ripping the entire wrong selection, then realizing it when you watch the feature?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I can't say what the algorithm is, because I don't know. I do know that Mike solicited information from everyone on the forum for a variety of disks that had obfuscation, especially when the tracks were different for different sources.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
KrisKringle

Post by KrisKringle »

377, 411, and 760 are not producing the sound correctly...cuts in and out on Retail Blu version 8(
hvnphoto

Post by hvnphoto »

KrisKringle wrote:377, 411, and 760 are not producing the sound correctly...cuts in and out on Retail Blu version 8(
Probably due to your player not supporting Dolby TrueHD 7.1 Atmos. You will need to play the DD Surround 5.1.
KrisKringle

Post by KrisKringle »

I was able to play the 5.1 correctly, but I don't understand. I have had no problem utilizing 7.1 until now. This is the first BD I have purchased with 7.1 Atmos support, is it not backwards compatible to the previous 7.1 non-Atmos configurations?
hvnphoto

Post by hvnphoto »

KrisKringle wrote:I was able to play the 5.1 correctly, but I don't understand. I have had no problem utilizing 7.1 until now. This is the first BD I have purchased with 7.1 Atmos support, is it not backwards compatible to the previous 7.1 non-Atmos configurations?
VLC does not support 7.1 Atmos. There is no current solution to this issue. Non Atmos 7.1 is supported.
salfter

Post by salfter »

Woodstock wrote:You must have the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) from java.com installed. This is NOT required to run MakeMKV itself, just to enable it to look for the correct title on these obfuscated disks. It is not always correct, though.
Is this capability supported on Linux? I have the latest 64-bit Oracle JDK installed, and to help out MakeMKV, I went into preferences and set the Java path to /usr/bin/java, but when I put this disc in, I still just get a ton of titles that look like the feature with no clue as to which is correct.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

It's supposed to be for all platforms. Did you put the path in to the executable, or to the directory the executable is in?

(We haven't installed Java on any of our Linux servers or workstations for over a decade, so I have no clue whether your path is correct)
KrisKringle

Post by KrisKringle »

Sorry for the slow update. You guys were spot on! It did have to do with the sound capabilities of my VLC test display tool. Once I woke up and played it directly in Appletv with Infuse Pro. It played in 7.1, and ignored the Atmos info. I'll upgrade the theatre to Atmos after we move out of the 3 story into a ranch. Thanks for the help.
andrew_clark

Post by andrew_clark »

boonetyler wrote:
Papa007 wrote:Ok, so I'm ripping 760 per the above advice. Now I'd really love to know about this JS plugin that someone mentioned. I'm not seeing the "Comment" field in my list of possible playlists....
I had the same issue. However, I also hadn't installed Java JRE on my HTPC. After installing JRE, I rescanned Hacksaw, and got (FPL_MainFeature) listed at the end of 760, and 760 title was pulled to the top.

If you don't have Java installed, try installing the basic runtime and rescan. I'm curious to see if it can be confirmed
cldgin2

Post by cldgin2 »

Thanks for the help guys! The java trick is great, and as always I appreciate the efforts of this community.
cidav8r1

Post by cidav8r1 »

My version of MakeMKV doesn't show any of the "info" items that yours does. What version are you using? Is this a purchased version?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The version you download is the same version the rest of us use. If you don't have "Expert mode" turned on, you will have less information and the controls are simplified. If you do not have debug logging turned on, what is shown in the status window is reduced. These settings are found in Preferences->General.

Buying a key means you don't have to worry about entering a new key every 2 months or so.
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

Woodstock wrote:Buying a key means you don't have to worry about entering a new key every 2 months or so.
And hopefully keeps the project funded so we can ALL enjoy this valuable tool for years to come. :D
midnighwatcher

Post by midnighwatcher »

I just purchased a copy from Amazon (Canada). All of the segment maps begin with 513. Anybody know the correct one for the Canadian Blu-ray? Cover is not bilingual.