The Mummy failing to rip

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Sneakytryx

The Mummy failing to rip

Post by Sneakytryx »

HI Guys,

I am hoping you can help. I have started using MakeMKV and have ripped around about 300 of my Blurays so far. I have got to The Mummy and it keeps failing with the following message

Saving 1 titles into directory E:/Video/The_Mummy
LIBMKV_TRACE: Exception: MKV_ASSERT: WrittenSize == SupposedSize
Failed to save title 0 to file E:/Video/The_Mummy/The_Mummy_t00.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed

I ready the "Read Here First" bit but this error does not appear anywhere. Can anyone advise?

Thanks
Woodstock

Re: The Mummy failing to rip

Post by Woodstock »

Do you have room on the disk for the file? MakeMKV does a size estimate and checks that there is enough free space on the destination before writing. You can also get this error when the output file cannot be opened due to permissions.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Sneakytryx

Post by Sneakytryx »

Woodstock wrote:Do you have room on the disk for the file?
Hi Woodstock. I just checked and I have over 500Gb free space so should be no issue there. Nothing else has changed so I am not sure how the output file would be any different to affect the permissions. Thanks for the ideas :)
skiddy

Post by skiddy »

Just to add - I just received exactly the same error ripping the same disk. There is plenty of drive capacity, and no privilege issues, so there appears to be something unique abut this disk that causes MakeMKV to trip up.

EDIT: I've made a full backup of this disk - and ripping from this reports the same issue.

EDIT2: OK, I disabled a few of the subtitle tracks - and it resolved this. Is there an MKV limit that's causing this issue? I'm guessing there is a limit of 64 tracks in total - and enabling all subtitles breached this. If so - perhaps an alternative error message may help?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Send an email to support@makemkv.com linking to this topic... Mike would have to answer questions about track limitations.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Sneakytryx

Post by Sneakytryx »

Thanks, Skiddy. You are a star. I finally got around to trying this and disabling all unwanted subtitle tracks did the trick
skiddy

Post by skiddy »

No problem. Very unusual disc it seems!