Issues with audio

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Dasuss

Issues with audio

Post by Dasuss »

Not sure if this is a common issue that's been addressed multiple times but on newer blurays, whenever I rip the audio in DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1 the sound is essentially non existent. I cant remember if the issue applies to TrueHD 7.1 as well. I've ripped blurays with the same format in like 2014 - 2015 but pretty much anything released after that/2016 - seem to have that issue. A few examples I can think of off the top of my head were Suicide Squad, The Conjuring 2, Jack Reacher: Never Go Back, etc. Will this issue ever be fixed in an update?
yorgo

Re: Issues with audio

Post by yorgo »

What are you using for playback? I use MPC-HC (CCCP build) for software playback on a Windows machine, and a media streaming device in a media room. No problems with either, have tested with Suicide Squad.
Dasuss

Post by Dasuss »

yorgo wrote:What are you using for playback? I use MPC-HC (CCCP build) for software playback on a Windows machine, and a media streaming device in a media room. No problems with either, have tested with Suicide Squad.
I use VLC on windows 10. Hmm... I'll rip it again soon and try it on a different player. Never thought VLC could have been the issue until now.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I've had problems with VLC playing some DTS audio. I would think they would have fixed it by now.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Dasuss

Post by Dasuss »

yorgo wrote:What are you using for playback? I use MPC-HC (CCCP build) for software playback on a Windows machine, and a media streaming device in a media room. No problems with either, have tested with Suicide Squad.
Wow. You were right, it was VLC that was causing the issues. I ripped Batman v Superman Dawn of Justice in TrueHD 7.1, tried playing it on VLC, audio was messed, downloaded the player you mentioned and played it through that and it worked fine. Thanks