Battlestar Galactica Blu Ray Issues

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Woodstock

Re: Battlestar Galactica Blu Ray Issues

Post by Woodstock »

Well, I have that same set of disks and ripped them without issue in May of 2014 (v1.8.10 was current then), which is why it's hard to be of further assistance. I'd try it with the current version if I hadn't buried my non-anime BD collection while making room to renovate my office.

There is one last thing to try - checking to see if someone else has found the volume key.

http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/12/category/8

This FAQ covers dealing with key databases you can find on internet, and BSG is old enough it may be in at least one database. There is one part of the FAQ that refers to setting an "AACS keys directory" in preferences; that directory is now known as "MakeMKV data directory", and is set in Preferences->General.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
westend94

Post by westend94 »

do you have the latest version of makemkv?
Yarano

Post by Yarano »

Yes, I am using the latest build of MakeMKV. I'm trying to search through the forum that Woodstock posted about right now to see if there is a BSG volume key.
Yarano

Post by Yarano »

I checked that forum and could only find the UK volume keys. I tried them anyway, but it still didn't work. I wonder if it matters that I don't have the BSG "Box Set" and I have a package for each season? Maybe those are considered different and that is why you were able to do it and I'm not?
Yarano

Post by Yarano »

Well I ended up downloading DVDFab 10. They had a trial, and I have been able to rip the discs I was having issues with. I'm not done yet, but it has worked so far on the first 3 discs that I couldn't open on MakeMKV. I really prefer the way MakeMKV handles ripping better though, especially when it comes to tv series. So it looks as though I'll be able to finish ripping BSG, just not with MakeMKV. Hopefully whatever the problem gets fixed so others won't have the same issue later down the road. I appreciate all the help everyone has given to me to try and resolve this, honestly. Thank you!