Re-Animator (Arrow Video Limited Edition)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
stuckinkodiagain

Re: Re-Animator (Arrow Video Limited Edition)

Post by stuckinkodiagain »

If anyone’s still curious about this 2-disc set... MakeMKV still doesn’t process the Arrow Video release of “Re-Animator” correctly.

I finally gave up on waiting and tried donholio’s recommendation, which worked perfectly.

Not knocking the devs... It’s a small team behind it, and MakeMKV is still the best program of its kind out there.

But a little communication sometime in over a month would be appreciated.
JimmyBluRay

Post by JimmyBluRay »

This is still not fixed in 1.10.8 FYI.
victorShade

Post by victorShade »

donholio wrote: If you need a solution now, there is at least one free blu-ray ripping solution out there. I used it to rip TS (container) files from the disk and used mkvtoolnix to re-containerize them into MKV files.
Is that solution already mentioned in this thread?

-Vic
king_pin

Post by king_pin »

Hi makeMKV folks.

Is there any chance we can get a fix or any comment for this?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Revec

Post by Revec »

victorShade wrote:
donholio wrote: If you need a solution now, there is at least one free blu-ray ripping solution out there. I used it to rip TS (container) files from the disk and used mkvtoolnix to re-containerize them into MKV files.
Is that solution already mentioned in this thread?

-Vic
No it is not and makemkv is still unable to rip the unrated or integral versions of the movie (it can rip the extras) as of this post. To save others the couple hours it took me yesterday researching what free program to use and how to use it, I was able to successfully rip both versions of the movie using Clown_BD (with eac3to and tsmuxer installed) and mkvtoolnix.

If you've never used clown_bd before, you have to manually point it to the eac3to and tsmuxer executables first. You also have to select a location for the demuxed eac files and the remuxed ts file. I created a folder for each one just so it was easy to find what I wanted. Once Clown_BD was finished, I checked the muxed TS file in VLC to confirm that the audio was in sync and then used mkvtoolnix to create the mkv.
FrequencyBebop

Post by FrequencyBebop »

I was able to rip this in makemkv version 1.14.1.