FUT errors on "Alien Covenant"

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
rbphelan

Re: FUT errors on "Alien Covenant"

Post by rbphelan »

Looks like there's an update. Tried again and downloaded a new FUT!

Thanks Mike!
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

DJRumpy wrote:I can't speak for the others, but I purchased this software and I am a paying customer. At some point you have an expectation of a service level agreement. It's fairly standard for support and I don't believe too much to ask. It's all too often you see other solutions with patches available within hours. I don't expect hours, nor do I expect same day, but I do expect some sort of effort or response after a day or two if there is some sort of problem, or if we can expect that a solution will be delayed beyond 2 or 3 days. At least a response would be appreciated, or some standard to strive for. A single resource to obtain and provide new workarounds is probably not an ideal solution. Something I would call a single point of failure.

For those who haven't paid for this software, I don't see that they have any room to complain as they are using it for free and probably have for some time. The fact that he still offers it free for use is great, and all too rare, but I am not one of those users.
I hear you. I too am a paying customer however when I bought my license, after having used the software for free for years, I just found that changes here happen at a slower pace than they did over at say Redfox AnyDVD. I made my purchase with that understanding, this is how business is done here at MakeMKV as it appears to be the product of one individual, Mike. Given the quality of the product (worth every penniy) and the nature of this precarious industry (ie, Slysoft), I'm okay with it developing as it does. YMMV, obviously.

On the plus side, looks like an update may have come through, good luck. Y
DJRumpy

Post by DJRumpy »

My experience was slightly different although not in a bad way. I had just switched to Mac and BD decryption was in its infancy. There was nothing comparable to this on a Mac. I didn't hesitate to buy it out of support for what he was doing. I would still do so today.

I know this is a small shop consisting largely of Mike alone. I never expected immediate response but things have slowed over the years. I was, and I am still fine with a couple of days before things get fixed. I knew it was a small shop going in as well. I just thought that response was a bit ham-handed. I also worry that if something should happen to Mike, the software will die on the vine. I want it to succeed as I'm sure he does.

They really do need to streamline and expand the pool of folks that can work on new decryption. He could even crowd source it. I'm sure the number of lurkers here has some very qualified folks. In the end, unless things have changed, all our money is on one racehorse here. :)
cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

In order to check, I just manually downloaded the dsall.sqv file for my offline workstation and the current sqv file is the same file, binary byte-compared using Beyond Compare, as the previous file I manually downloaded back on 15 August at 18:46 Central Time (six+ days ago). So it does not look to be a new svq file (at least for the manually downloaded file) and I do not plan to rent the Alien Covenant BD again until I see a new svq file. If anyone can confirm a new svq file exists and works specifically for Alien Covenant, it would be greatly appreciated.

** I posted this in response to rbphelan's post above, not complaining, just curious if a new sqv has file has been posted somewhere and confirmed to work correctly. **

Thanks,
cyberCrank
DJRumpy

Post by DJRumpy »

You wouldn't download it unless your software was trying to decrypt that specific disk. They are title specific. I can confirm that it properly rips the BD without issue.
cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

Thanks DJRumpy -- I presume that I need to manually download some new update, because my standalone workstation, the one that I run the latest version of MakeMKV on, is not connected to the internet. Which "title-specific" file would I need to download in order for MakeMKV to properly rip Alien Covenant??

Thanks,
cyberCrank
DJRumpy

Post by DJRumpy »

Support would have to answer that. I've never used it on a disconnected workstation. We used to have to manually download the updates but haven't had to for some time. I would think they make those available somewhere. Shoot support@makemkv.com a message and see what they say.
rbphelan

Post by rbphelan »

cyberCrank wrote:In order to check, I just manually downloaded the dsall.sqv file for my offline workstation and the current sqv file is the same file, binary byte-compared using Beyond Compare, as the previous file I manually downloaded back on 15 August at 18:46 Central Time (six+ days ago). So it does not look to be a new svq file (at least for the manually downloaded file) and I do not plan to rent the Alien Covenant BD again until I see a new svq file. If anyone can confirm a new svq file exists and works specifically for Alien Covenant, it would be greatly appreciated.

** I posted this in response to rbphelan's post above, not complaining, just curious if a new sqv has file has been posted somewhere and confirmed to work correctly. **

Thanks,
cyberCrank
The new files that were downloaded when I went to convert the backup I'd made were 00000213.svq and 00000214.svq.
DJRumpy

Post by DJRumpy »

Same here. Both downloaded on the 20th.
makemetoo

Post by makemetoo »

Mike, can we have an update on this. Is this one super challenging?
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

makemetoo wrote:Mike, can we have an update on this. Is this one super challenging?
The new .svq's have been available since Sunday (20th) evening.
Are you still having issues?
My copy is processing correctly as I type this.
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
cyberCrank

Post by cyberCrank »

Because I run MakeMKV on a standalone system not connected to the internet, it would be convenient and helpful to have access (a link) to a list of all BDs that are currently supported and a correlated list and link to the corresponding svq files for each BD so I can download the BD title-specific svq files needed to put in the MakeMKV directory so it can rip a backup offline.

Thanks,
cyberCrank
keithl

Post by keithl »

DJRumpy wrote:I can't speak for the others, but I purchased this software and I am a paying customer. At some point you have an expectation of a service level agreement. It's fairly standard for support and I don't believe too much to ask. It's all too often you see other solutions with patches available within hours. I don't expect hours, nor do I expect same day, but I do expect some sort of effort or response after a day or two if there is some sort of problem, or if we can expect that a solution will be delayed beyond 2 or 3 days. At least a response would be appreciated, or some standard to strive for. A single resource to obtain and provide new workarounds is probably not an ideal solution. Something I would call a single point of failure.

For those who haven't paid for this software, I don't see that they have any room to complain as they are using it for free and probably have for some time. The fact that he still offers it free for use is great, and all too rare, but I am not one of those users.
You have to give the guy some time. It is not lie this is a huge company with a staff that is working around the clock. There are new discs every day. He will get to it. Expecting the update the day the disc releases is unreasonable or even in a few days. This software is very inexpensive and works well and he update sit it all the time. All the competitors are double the cost and none of them have perpetual beta keys that let you use the full product indefinitely. This is a great software by a great guy.
horkonpon

Post by horkonpon »

Hi,

I have the same problem with this BD: no FUT's and MakeMKV uses the generic SVQ file.

I send the dump file.

In some days I will try again

Thanks
Alberto
DJRumpy

Post by DJRumpy »

This was resolved long ago. What version is your client showing in the logged output int he main interface when you launch it?

For example, mine shows this:

MakeMKV v1.10.7 darwin(x64-release) started
Optical drive "BD-RE PIONEER BD-RW BDR-XS06 1.01d" opened in OS access mode.