Blu-ray error

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Karl58

Blu-ray error

Post by Karl58 »

hi Guy's

My name is Karl I'm 58 Year's old and from Norway.I install Makemkv on my Notebook HP dv7-6104eg Entertainment Notebook with Ubuntu Mate 17.04 64 and it work's fine.But on 2 Blu-ray's i got not Sound first is Sully and second is Heartbreak Ridge.I use Vlc for playing Movies. If i make a copy everything it's fine.Sometimes i have some Cross Lines in the Movie ,what is this.

best regards form Norway

Karl
yorgo

Re: Blu-ray error

Post by yorgo »

First thing to check is that you selected an audio track; depending on how your preferences are set, MakeMKV could have ripped the track with no audio, that's happened to me once or twice in the past when I didn't review audio tracks first. Make sure the box in front of the audio track you want is ticked, as described here:

/onlinehelp/

I don't use VLC, too inconsistent in my experience, I'd recommend MPC-HC (http://www.cccp-project.net/). MPC-HC will play back just about any audio track, try it to see if you have sound.

Not sure what you mean by "Cross Lines in the Movie"; can you post an image, or a link to an image? Did MakeMKV generate an error report? If yes, can you post here? If the rip is damaged, it could produce video with lots of artifacts and possibly no or dropped sound, but my experience is MakeMKV would list errors if that were the case.
Karl58

Post by Karl58 »

Hi Yorgo,

Thanks for your reply,if i make a copy i have sound,only i play the Blu-Ray with Vlc i have no sound or is broken.
With Crosslines i mean this see the link.I make them more visible in the Pic.

regards
Karl
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

@Karl58, if the rip is successful, meaning the rip to a .mkv file happened without MakeMKV reporting errors, it would appear the issue is with either the playback software (VLC) or with your computer not being able to handle playing back the file and therefore artifacting (cross lines). I'd suggest again trying another playback software like MPC-HC and see if that helps.
Karl58

Post by Karl58 »

Hi again,

The Graphic card driver was the fail,now it's working nice and clear without Cross-lines ;-)

hilsen Karl