Ice Age 5 BluRay Disc

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
nikonizerlp

Ice Age 5 BluRay Disc

Post by nikonizerlp »

Hi there,

the disc can not be read by MKV v1.10.7 - it just says : No Disc found

I guess the AACS is too high - my BD-Drive just supports up to AACS 50.

Is there a work-around for this? Thank you kindly.
d00zah

Re: Ice Age 5 BluRay Disc

Post by d00zah »

Does your OS detect the disc in the drive? Can it be played on the PC?

This appears to be a problem outside of MakeMKV as the AACS version support is built into the app. From the download page:

MakeMKV v1.10.6 (25.5.2017 )

Added support for AACS v63
nikonizerlp

Post by nikonizerlp »

d00zah wrote:Does your OS detect the disc in the drive? Can it be played on the PC?

This appears to be a problem outside of MakeMKV as the AACS version support is built into the app. From the download page:

MakeMKV v1.10.6 (25.5.2017 )

Added support for AACS v63
Nope the disc not detected and can not detected by MakeMKV or Windows 7.

In a BD Player it works and IceAge 1-4 works with MakeMKV so my guess is the encryption on the Disc.

Thanks anyways.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The most likely issue is that Windows has lost track of the drive. And, most likely, if you RESET (rather than just reboot) your computer, Windows will find it and let you rip the disk.

If the drive is a USB drive, unplugging it and then plugging it back in USUALLY resets Windows' driver chain, but the guaranteed way involves giving the motherboard a RESET signal, and some machines that can only be done by powering the machine down.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
nikonizerlp

Post by nikonizerlp »

Woodstock wrote:The most likely issue is that Windows has lost track of the drive. And, most likely, if you RESET (rather than just reboot) your computer, Windows will find it and let you rip the disk.

If the drive is a USB drive, unplugging it and then plugging it back in USUALLY resets Windows' driver chain, but the guaranteed way involves giving the motherboard a RESET signal, and some machines that can only be done by powering the machine down.
No way. It's just that disc!!! Everything else I have in my collection works perfect!!! And I wont reset anything just because my system can not read a single disc.
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

nikonizerlp wrote:No way. It's just that disc!!! Everything else I have in my collection works perfect!!! And I wont reset anything just because my system can not read a single disc.
That's a lot of exclamation points for new information I'm guessing we were supposed to assume? IF the system doesn't detect the disc, MakeMKV can't even begin to do its thing. If it's only this disc, the problem MIGHT be:

a: the disc ("production film/haze"?)
b: the drive (marginal?)
c: the combination of disc & drive

Clean the disc (even if it looks clean). Or try another system/drive.