Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
latin625

Re: Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets

Post by latin625 »

mkvgrub wrote:Netflix has 00667.mpls and MakeMKV adds it as title #3 (I exclude any title length <1100 seconds) and not in the numerical order, interestingly enough. 00664.mpls is title # 145 and 00676.mpls is title #146.
Is this the correct List for Netflix? Any confirmation?
superspank

Post by superspank »

Purchased Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital HD combo from Amazon.com, Title track seems to be #4 on the blu-ray disc. I haven't tried ripping it yet with MakeMKV, just trying to watch it using Mac Blu-Ray Player by MacGo.

Finding the right track was to click in to about 12:12 in and see if the scene with Lea dying/transforming and sending the message to Valerian tracks correctly. After that, I skip to Lauraline taking the creature out and putting in the regen chamber (41:50) and then again to the scene on the bridge where Valerian is scanning the pearl (43:00). Those were the three scenes I had problems with during transition on all of the other recommended tracks ( #3, #145, #146) and the default #1 track that went wonky.
skj88

Post by skj88 »

latin625 wrote:
mkvgrub wrote:Netflix has 00667.mpls and MakeMKV adds it as title #3 (I exclude any title length <1100 seconds) and not in the numerical order, interestingly enough. 00664.mpls is title # 145 and 00676.mpls is title #146.
Is this the correct List for Netflix? Any confirmation?
Any update on this?

Thanks!
volkris

Post by volkris »

superspank wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:13 am
Purchased Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital HD combo from Amazon.com
A followup to this: I bought the same combo from Amazon, and the right one was 00667.pls that showed up as track #18 on my screen. superspank didn't mention the pls.

I haven't dealt with many of these obfuscated discs before, but I saw that directly ripping from the Blu Ray by specifying the track didn't put the scenes in the correct order. Only copying with MakeMkv first put the scenes in order.

I don't know if that's the norm or something odd about this disc.