Recognising Dolby TrueHD

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Voyager

Recognising Dolby TrueHD

Post by Voyager »

I have used MakeMKV for a long time as the first step in placing the content of my Blu-ray discs on a NAS for ease of use in the home.
Today I have come to copy my first ever disc that according to the packaging has Dolby TrueHD but which in MakeMKV 1.10.8 only displays as LPCM Stereo English; there is no DolbyTrueHD listed.

When I play the disk, my amplifier (which does not support Dolby TrueHD) doesn't extract the AC3 component as expected of a Dolby TrueHD source and simply plays stereo.

Since I have no other Dolby TrueHD discs with which to compare, is what I see what would be expected or do I have a disc that is in fact only Stereo despite what the packaging says?

Many thanks.
Voyager

Re: Recognising Dolby TrueHD

Post by Voyager »

I have my answer from a forum devoted to the band in question; the concert on this Blu-ray was recorded in LPCM 2.0 48kHz/24bit - exactly as I see in MakeMKV. :(

I can't remember the last time I purchased a live concert disc that hadn't been remixed in to at least AC3.
preserve

Post by preserve »

Have a look at this thread to see if you're having a similar issue: http://makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=16873

Make sure you are in expert mode.

The more details you give us, the more likely someone will be able to help. At the minimum, what is the movie and what country is the Blu-ray from?

EDIT: That is strange that the package says TrueHD though.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
Voyager

Post by Voyager »

Thank you anyway, preserve.

The Blu-ray in question is Jeff Lynne's ELO "Wembley or Bust" concert - I was there and it was ace! - and here's the page on which I found my answer: http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=297839&page=2

Such a shame because I'd at least like the audience ambience to be in surround even if the music itself isn't (and wasn't).