AACS V64 - host certificate is revoked by your drive

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
fcmiii

AACS V64 - host certificate is revoked by your drive

Post by fcmiii »

Hi,

MakeMKV has suddenly stopped working for me as of yesterday. I inserted a new disc, and it was taking a while to read in MakeMKV. Then I noticed the new update, so I stoped the app and downloaded 1.10.9. After doing so, I spun up the disc again and this time I got a flurry of error messages (attached).

I then tried other discs that I had previously ripped and got the same error messages. I even tried reinstalling the older version of MakeMKV, but the problem persisted. I then attached my old BD drive and it worked with a second new disc that I was trying to rip, but when I reinserted the first disc, the problem happened again. I even tried the drives and the discs on my old computer and the problems persisted.

After reading some of the other forum posts, I've looked in my settings and found that the original disc is AACS v64 where as everything else is v63. I've clicked the link that it created to report the problem, but that seems to be all I can do. Make MKV (or any other ripping software I desperately tried) won't open ANY BDs played from either of my drives now (but will open DVDs).

So, ultimately, I have two questions...

1. Am I correct in assuming that v64 has locked my drives and there's nothing I can do until a new update is released?

2. Is there any idea how long it will take for the new update since 1.10.9 was just released?

Thanks for your help,
Frank
Attachments
makemkv info.png
makemkv info.png (1.29 MiB) Viewed 31632 times
preserve

Re: AACS V64 - host certificate is revoked by your drive

Post by preserve »

If you haven't already, be sure to email the AACS dump file (MKB_v64_The_Night_Walker.tgz) to svq@makemkv.com - Mike will need that file.
Last edited by preserve on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
mmmkv

Post by mmmkv »

preserve wrote:Tip for everyone, MakeMKV displays the AACS version of the disc before you open the disc. Don't try to open the disc if the disc is higher than the current version that is supported by MakeMKV, which is v63.
By 'open' do you mean performing any actions besides having the drive idle after opening MakeMKV? Wanting to be sure how to detect and avoid such instances myself.
preserve

Post by preserve »

Removed incorrect information.
Last edited by preserve on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
mmmkv

Post by mmmkv »

preserve wrote:<edited out original quote>
Just for those who may come across this, asked the dev for clarification and it turns out this is incorrect. Apparently it processes the certificate revocation or whathaveyou the moment you insert the disc in the drive, rather than after clicking Open in MakeMKV.
Last edited by mmmkv on Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
preserve

Post by preserve »

mmmkv wrote:Just for those who may come across this, asked the dev for clarification and it turns out this is incorrect. Apparently it processes the certificate revocation or whathaveyou the moment you insert the disc in the drive, rather than after clicking Open in MakeMKV.
Removed incorrect info. Feel free to edit it out of your reply as well.

So did the dev give any further information that fcmiii asked for, such as what can be done about it?
mmmkv

Post by mmmkv »

preserve wrote:So did the dev give any further information that fcmiii asked for, such as what can be done about it?
The question the dev responded to was just whether the steps mentioned in your post were accurate or not, but looks like v1.10.10 of MakeMKV was just released with AACS v64 support, so the OP is probably okay now I'd guess.

I suppose the takeaway is just to wait for updates before trying the latest Blu-Ray releases.
fcmiii

Post by fcmiii »

Thanks for the heads up that the new version is available!

Everything opened perfectly this time!
cyborg

Post by cyborg »

I have the very same problem. I opened "Marrowbone" bluray, which is AACS v66 according to MakeMKV.

Now I am not able to open any bluray at all, I always get "Can't read AACS VID from disc - most likely current AACS host certificate is revoked by your drive. The volume key is unknown for this disc - video can't be decrypted" for all discs.

So all I can do is wait for new MakeMKV version, right?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

For right now, yes.

Did you forward the MKB file that was generated when you tried to open Marrowbone to svq@makemkv.com for Mike to analyze?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
iMactouch

Post by iMactouch »

Since yesterday I have the same problem here!

I can not open any Bluray any more. That is really sad!
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Check your MakeMKV data directory for a file name that starts with "MKB_v66" and send that to svq@makemkv.com for analysis.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
cyborg

Post by cyborg »

I did that already...
iMactouch

Post by iMactouch »

I did it also!
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

MakeMKV v1.14.0 released. Should fix the cert revocation problem.