Nikita

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
rivey

Nikita

Post by rivey »

Just got the complete series of Nikita (the TV series) in blu-ray from Amazon. Ripped the first of four discs of season 1 and am little confused. The first disc contains the first 6 episodes but there appear to be two copies of every episode. The also are not correctly labeled by the episode number or name. I can ID the correct episodes by comparing the video of each file to the episodes on Netflix but since there appear to be two of each episode, it is a little confusing. Has anyone else ripped at least the season one discs and if so, how did you handle this, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.
drathbun

Re: Nikita

Post by drathbun »

Many of the TV shows I have ripped recently do this. If you put the disc in your drive and use MakeMKV to "open" each one, you'll probably find out that one file has a bunch of different languages, and another file has only a limited number, typically seems to be Japanese. Both will have English.

You only need one of those two.

To get the episodes in the right order ... you can sometimes do that by looking at the sequence number rather than the order the files appear on the disc, or in some cases there is a pattern (like reverse order) or in some cases I have had to resort to watching a few minutes of each episode (or watch the last few seconds to get an episode code) to tag them properly.
rivey

Post by rivey »

drathbun wrote:Many of the TV shows I have ripped recently do this. If you put the disc in your drive and use MakeMKV to "open" each one, you'll probably find out that one file has a bunch of different languages, and another file has only a limited number, typically seems to be Japanese. Both will have English.

You only need one of those two.

To get the episodes in the right order ... you can sometimes do that by looking at the sequence number rather than the order the files appear on the disc, or in some cases there is a pattern (like reverse order) or in some cases I have had to resort to watching a few minutes of each episode (or watch the last few seconds to get an episode code) to tag them properly.
I wound up just watching the beginning of each episode on netflix and then the beginning of each ripped title and doing is that way. On some of the discs the order was in sequence and others it was reversed and in some it skipped. The important thing is I did figure it out and then renamed them to work with plex. One would think that they would have an order and an episode number but that would be asking just to much I guess. Thanks for the reply.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

As you highlight each title, check the Info window for the file name.... USUALLY, the names increment for each episode number, but, depending on how the disk was mastered, MakeMKV can pick them up out-of-order. MakeMKV goes by the order the files are listed in the directory, not by the name of the file.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging