The Divergent Series Blu-ray Digital Copy

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
1Man1Dog

The Divergent Series Blu-ray Digital Copy

Post by 1Man1Dog »

I recently purchased at best buy The Divergent Series Blu-ray/Digital box set. I have looked around the forum some but wanted to know if anybody has the correct playlist for the three movies in this box set. Thank You.
Attachments
s-l640.jpg
s-l640.jpg (47.37 KiB) Viewed 22028 times
Woodstock

Re: The Divergent Series Blu-ray Digital Copy

Post by Woodstock »

MakeMKV found the correct play lists for me on its own. If you have Java installed already, there's no need to ask; the correct title will be listed near the top.

You WILL want to right-click and unselect all the others, though.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
1Man1Dog

Post by 1Man1Dog »

Woodstock wrote:MakeMKV found the correct play lists for me on its own. If you have Java installed already, there's no need to ask; the correct title will be listed near the top.

You WILL want to right-click and unselect all the others, though.
I am pretty sure I do not have Java installed. I have been using MakeMKV for a few years but only recently purchased a license. I have the newest version of the software but if it is not included in the software then I do not have it. Is there a link to a step by step process to install and make it work with the software? Thank you for all who tolerate my newbie status.
1Man1Dog

Post by 1Man1Dog »

I figured it out. I just installed java and it showed the "main feature" (automatically) that was missing when I didn't have it installed. Thank you.
1Man1Dog

Post by 1Man1Dog »

So turns out Insurgent is not the correct playlist as stated. I clicked on the "main feature" copy and it jumps scenes around 14 minutes in. I only noticed when one moment Tris is wearing a dress then next pants then a dress again then back to pants all in span of 2 minutes.
cldgin2

Post by cldgin2 »

I bought this as well and have yet to rip it. I'll let you know how mine goes. Did you figure out the correct one?
preserve

Post by preserve »

1Man1Dog wrote:So turns out Insurgent is not the correct playlist as stated. I clicked on the "main feature" copy and it jumps scenes around 14 minutes in. I only noticed when one moment Tris is wearing a dress then next pants then a dress again then back to pants all in span of 2 minutes.
The Java-acquired titles are authored and come from the disc metadata itself as far as I know, so they are correct. It's been a while since I watched this movie, maybe it was a flashback scene or something? Anyway I'm selling my Canada copy of Insurgent with the Java and keeping my non-Java UK 3D-combo copy because this movie got shafted by cramming way too much on a single disc but at least I believe the UK copy is slightly higher quality.
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
preserve

Post by preserve »

And I love in-depth documentaries - which is the ~12 GB, 2-hour documentary that takes away from space that should have been used for the movie itself on the Insurgent disc - but I find this documentary unwatchable due to having the constant picture-in-picture ruining all the fantastic behind-the-scenes footage. It's an awful approach to editing in my opinion. Just cut between the behind-the-scenes footage, final footage and interview footage with normal editing. So we end up with nothing good as a result - a movie that has less space afforded than it should have, and an annoying documentary. The ideal way to do it would have been putting the documentary on its own disc, without the picture-in-picture. Just one (and relatively minor compared to others) out of hundreds of examples of, studios should have fan / home video enthusiasts as consultants for home video releases. With physical media becoming an increasingly niche market, for the format to continue, things have to be done right. End rant ;)
Using: ASUS BW-16D1HT 3.00
ChrisI

Post by ChrisI »

The correct playlist for Insurgent in this set is 721.
KENSAI

Post by KENSAI »

Woodstock wrote:
Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:13 pm
MakeMKV found the correct play lists for me on its own. If you have Java installed already, there's no need to ask; the correct title will be listed near the top
I wish that were true, but I ripped the ones MakeMKV flagged and on Insurgent at least, got the wrong version. Had to watch it off the Blu-ray last night instead of off Plex. Trying to figure out if I ripped the correct version of Allegiant - the file referenced in other threads isn't on my disc.
Steveredrum

Post by Steveredrum »

Because you have the originals

If you download a copy of "DVDFab" pretend you are doing a Backup of each Film and the correct Playlist will be under
"i" for information at the bottom because all these films have Screen Pass
kimkadn

Post by kimkadn »

The Nordic version of Insurgent has this correct playlist:

Title information
Source file name: 00328.mpls
Duration: 1:58:47
Chapters count: 12
Size: 23.5 GB
Segment count: 15
Segment map: 101,110,107,112,105,102,108,103,530,111,106,109,23,104,114