BluRay Titles

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
willjR0k5

BluRay Titles

Post by willjR0k5 »

Hello,

I'm new to ripping BluRay discs so I'm unfamiliar with the overall structure of the disc.

Can someone explain or point me to a previous post that covers what all the different titles are on the disc?

I've been just taking the main movie title for the first few I've ripped, but I want to make sure I'm not excluding something that would take away from the watching experience.

Thanks!
Woodstock

Re: BluRay Titles

Post by Woodstock »

To "guarantee" the "watching experience" of a BD, you use "Backup", which will copy everything from the disk to a directory on your system. It is the original disk, for all intents and purposes, assuming your playback software/hardware can handle a decrypted Bluray file structure.

To save space on your drives, you will probably move back towards what you're doing now.

For me, I rip everything over 30 seconds to MKV files, watch/skim the extras, encode the main feature with handbrake to shrink it and store it on a network media server. I rarely thing the "extras" are worth holding on to for more than one viewing.

For others, the extras "make" the movie.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
willjR0k5

Re: BluRay Titles

Post by willjR0k5 »

Thanks for your thoughts. What I've been doing is extracting the main movie and then using handbrake to transcode a final mp4 output file for Plex.