Torture Garden Blu from Indicator - need correct segment

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
jensenholmes

Torture Garden Blu from Indicator - need correct segment

Post by jensenholmes »

Does anyone have this disc and know the correct segment to rip? Trying to back up my disc.

Thanks in advance! I've gotten lots of correct segments off this forum and it's greatly appreciated.

Also, anyone care to give advice on how to find the correct segment? Most of the ones on this disc have the exact same length.
jensenholmes

Re: Torture Garden Blu from Indicator - need correct segment

Post by jensenholmes »

Bumping this up. Since no one has figured out the correct segment, can anyone give me advise on how to determine it?
dcoke22

Post by dcoke22 »

Strategies for finding the right playlist has been discussed a lot on this forum. Here's just one of the threads:

https://makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16251
Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 »

I know this thread is a few years old now but I just ripped this title and thought I'd post my findings for any future readers...

My copy is as follows:

Disc Information: -- UK IMPORT -- "Powerhouse Films / Indicator" (PHIBD023) (also VFC80208)
Label: TORTURE GARDEN
Timestamp: 2017-10-05 20:17:26
Protection: AACS v63
Data capacity: 44.5 Gb
Disc type: BD-ROM
Number of layers: 2
Channel bit length: 74,5 nm (25.0 GB max. per layer)

The (correct) two main feature playlists seem to be:

00615.mpls (24.6GB) - Torture Garden (1967) (Original Theatrical Cut) - 10 chapters (Segment map: 7,3,5)

and

00607.mpls (26.5GB) - Torture Garden (1967) (Extended TV Cut) - 10 chapters (Segment map: 7,4,3,6,5)

An auto-play notice before the TV Cut says "The extra footage can be found at 02:43 and 45:02"

I haven't posted the title numbers as they will vary.

P.S. I determined the above by the old-fashioned method of watching the Blu-ray on a television and comparing the content of the segments.

I tried to play the disc in VLC MP and watch ProcMon but it wouldn't play. A notice came up that said ripping tools had been detected and playback was disabled! (Never seen that one before.)