Trying to rip Prey (2022) but encountering errors

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
gana2k1@gmail.com

Trying to rip Prey (2022) but encountering errors

Post by gana2k1@gmail.com »

I bought a Prey (2022) blu-ray from ebay and trying to rip it.
I got a whole bunch of The source file '/BDMV/STREAM/00002.m2ts' is corrupt or invalid at offset ... errors.
I was able to backup the blu ray with the backup function (with Decrypt checked) and tried to open the backup and rip - receive the same errors. I have attached the debug log file.

I am able to play the blu ray itself from my blu ray drive through VLC so playback works properly. Just not able to rip it with these errors - either directly from the disc or from the backup.

Can you please help me with a fix for these errors so I can rip this blu ray?

Thanks
dcoke22

Re: Trying to rip Prey (2022) but encountering errors

Post by dcoke22 »

Those errors indicate that the optical drive was unable to correctly read the disc. MakeMKV does this checking both when trying to make a .mkv file directly from an optical disc and when doing a backup. It has been my experience that when those kinds of errors are encountered the rip/backup process fails. Backups can be left in a 'partial' state. For example, if the backup of the main movie file fails, but some of the other files on the disc are read successfully beforehand, the backup folder exists but is too small.

In any case, the standard advice is to gently clean the disc and try making a backup or rip again.
gana2k1@gmail.com

Post by gana2k1@gmail.com »

Thank you for the response. I tried cleaning the disc but still have the same issue.
Just want to point out that the backup that I made was identical (BDMV folder) to the contents of the files in the blu ray disc (did a file compare with Beyond Compare tool).

I thought I had attached the log file but somehow that didnt get attached in my original post.
Pasting it now. FYI for the board admins - when attaching a file, I get an error - "The board attachment quota has been reached".

https://pastebin.com/Hyt4xTw4
Radiocomms237

Post by Radiocomms237 »

Error, this is a private paste or is pending moderation. If this paste belongs to you, please login to Pastebin to view it.