CSI Season 1 Blu-Ray (Episode 5)

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
davz289

CSI Season 1 Blu-Ray (Episode 5)

Post by davz289 »

Hello,

I'm having a little trouble getting one of the episodes on my CSI Season 1 blu-ray discs to rip using makeMKV. When I originally bought these discs, makeMKV was not able to rip any of them properly, and there were some other posts regarding that issue as well. Using version 1.7.9 I've been able to rip all but one episode. Episode 5, which is the first episode on disc 2 throws an error just a short time into the encode. I was able to do a full disc backup successfully, but the error occurs when trying to encode using the backup as well.

I've attached the log file, and I am happy to try any other suggestions you may have.

Thanks!

Dave
Attachments
MakeMKV_log.txt
Log File
(13.66 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
devanhcrow

Re: CSI Season 1 Blu-Ray (Episode 5)

Post by devanhcrow »

Did you find a solution to this?
Krawk

Re: CSI Season 1 Blu-Ray (Episode 5)

Post by Krawk »

I reported this error quite some time ago and got no response.
This site indicates I have a bad drive because of the Hash errors, however the drive works for everything else I throw at it so I don't think that's accurate.
I have tried multiple discs and get the same errors!
Anyway here's what I ultimately did:

- Copy the files from the disc itself to your hard drive. Make a folder if you want first and copy them to it
- Open makemkv and tell it to open files. You might have to change the data type for it to know what structure files you're point at
-- If makemkv says it cannot locate the decryption key it is either because you selected the wrong file types when you selected open files or something did not copy correctly. In my case rather than figure out what was missing, I simply opened Dvd Fab and it in turn wrote the mkv files from the copied folder. Clone BD will probably work as well.