Descibed video ?

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
boxerjake

Descibed video ?

Post by boxerjake »

Of the last 10 Blu-ray rips , I have 3 that come through with described video ?

Just Ripped " The Drop " this afternoon and when I went to watch it on my media player , it has described video ... ( Annoying )

How do you get rid of this option when ripping ?
Woodstock

Re: Descibed video ?

Post by Woodstock »

"Described video" is not a term I've ever seen used in this context. Are you talking about subtitles? Closed Caption text? Commercials inserted in the video? Out of order scenes?
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
boxerjake

Post by boxerjake »

Described video .... Narrative for the visually impaired that runs overtop of the soundtrack that describes the scene .

I have run through my Monitor settings and my Media player settings , I'm unable to turn it off anywhere ..

Hence it's coming through on the sound track when ripping with MKV , I go through and uncheck every audio preference except DD English or DD English 5.1 prior to ripping ( Like all the optional languages and subtitles ) but I've never scene a described video box .
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

It's called audio description (check wikipedia) and cannot be marked automatically since it does not look different from any other track. Don't know if it's not in the BD specs or if it's just lazy authoring but you will have to watch a few seconds of the beginning of a BD and manually uncheck those to skip ripping them.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
boxerjake

Post by boxerjake »

[quote="Chetwood"]It's called audio description (check Wikipedia)

DVS Described video service , is described on " Wikipedia " as a narrative service for the visually impaired ..

It is offered on certain cable TV cannels ( I have Shaw satellite ) and at the beginning of a program an announcement comes on that states , " This program is broadcast in described Video " for the visually impaired .

Maybe it's called something different where you are located , but here in western Canada , that's is the terminology used .

That's still besides the point .... How exactly do I get rid of it ? Like I said , I just ripped 3 new Blu-rays that have come across with it
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

You get rid of it by exactly doing what I wrote above: play the BD and cycle through the tracks, uncheck the one identified in MakeMKV and rip the BD without.
boxerjake

Post by boxerjake »

Chetwood wrote:You get rid of it by exactly doing what I wrote above: play the BD and cycle through the tracks, uncheck the one identified in MakeMKV and rip the BD without.

How do you "play " the BD and cycle through the tracks with Make MKV ?
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Really? I play the BD with VLC or whatever other media player I happen to have on the PC I'm ripping the BD with.
boxerjake

Post by boxerjake »

Chetwood wrote:Really? I play the BD with VLC or whatever other media player I happen to have on the PC I'm ripping the BD with.
New to this video stuff .... I design audio amplification circuits , I don't specialize in PC's or the video pirating industry ... It was just a question .

Most questions posted on this site seem little more then an annoyance to the veterans and are responded to as if all participants are PHD'S in computer technology .

responses are About as useful as tit's on a bull for the masses ...
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

You can watch the titles on a Blu Ray player if you like, MakeMKV isn't ripping anything that a Blu Ray player won't play.

The question is kind of silly, you could just rip all the tracks into an MKV, then mux the unwanted tracks out with MKVMerge, ripping Blu Rays was never meant to be easy, at some point you're going to have to get fiddly in order to get what you need from a disc.
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

boxerjake wrote:I don't specialize in PC's or the video pirating industry
I wasn't aware any of us were.
boxerjake

Post by boxerjake »

The correction occurs at " Handbrake "

During a recent update , my preferences were defaulted to handbrakes native preference level ...

Hence the " Audio " Encoder was set to AAC (avcodec)

Any Blu-ray or DVD containing visualy impaired tracks were activated .

Deselecting tracks in Make Mkv or in VLC was not the answer
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

1: that's the first time the word "handbrake" has been used in this thread. Why complain about a file Handbrake made on the MakeMKV forum without mentioning Handbrake and apparently not even looking at or referencing the original MakeMKV file?

2: removing the track from the file IS a solution, Handbrake can't rip a track that isn't there.

*gack*
boxerjake

Post by boxerjake »

ndjamena wrote:1: that's the first time the word "handbrake" has been used in this thread. Why complain about a file Handbrake made on the MakeMKV forum without mentioning Handbrake and apparently not even looking at or referencing the original MakeMKV file?

2: removing the track from the file IS a solution, Handbrake can't rip a track that isn't there.

*gack*

Ok .... How do you remove the audio track ???

Make MKV does not identify the described video track so where is the option to remove it ?
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

All discs are unique, as we've been trying to tell you, you need to identify the track manually and deselect it in the GUI.

Handbrake isn't any better at identifying the contents of tracks then MakeMKV is so I'm really not sure why you're getting the Audio Description from multiple Blu Rays when using it. As far as I can tell it chooses the first audio track by default so the only reason you'd be getting the AD track is because it's first. Although since it can't decode DTS-MA maybe it's a codec thing.

You're not giving nearly enough information, expecting us to guess what's going on and somehow give you a solution.