MKV Locking up computer

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
Wolf359

MKV Locking up computer

Post by Wolf359 »

I think, as the title says, that mkv is locking up my computer. Everything is up to date, working with win 11 (upgraded from win 10) and latest MKV beta. I have backed up the blu ray I am working with (Pink Floyd Pulse Disc 2) and decrypted it. I am working with the decrypted backup to make an MKV. I cannot get through disc 2 without my computer locking up, shutting down and then starting back up. Disc one went fine. Any help would be appreciated.

update: just fyi I sent a message with appropriate files to support email.
update 2: going to try another computer.
update 3: worked on a different computer. Still don't know why though. Any insight on why would help.
Billycar11

Re: MKV Locking up computer

Post by Billycar11 »

I have seen this before it maybe if this is a USB drive and it pulls to much power and it is linked to a part in the computer that also needs that voltage and it drops to low causing the whole PC to reboot.
It could be fixed by a powered USB hub it that is the case.
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Wolf359

Post by Wolf359 »

Thanks for your reply. I had already ripped (did a backup and decrypted it) the disc and was using the resulting file on my hard drive to make an mkv. The disc drive was not involved in the crashing.
Billycar11

Post by Billycar11 »

Wolf359 wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:14 pm
Thanks for your reply. I had already ripped (did a backup and decrypted it) the disc and was using the resulting file on my hard drive to make an mkv. The disc drive was not involved in the crashing.
I see then That is probably not the case.
Does just coping the file to where you were having makemkv output it to case the same thing?
Buy a UHD drive from the guide and how to video maker: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17831
UHD Drives Guide: https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16&t=19634
Auto flash kit $25 Email me for one Billycar5924@gmail.com
Wolf359

Post by Wolf359 »

Billycar11 wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:20 pm
Wolf359 wrote:
Wed Mar 02, 2022 11:14 pm
I see then That is probably not the case.
Does just coping the file to where you were having makemkv output it to case the same thing?
yes. I have tried using the hard drive in the computer, and an external drive. I tried: 1) reading from and writing to the external drive, 2) reading from external drive and writing to internal hard drive and 3) reading from and writing to the hard drive in the computer.

edit: I just re-read your question. If I understand your question correctly, the answer is no.
Wolf359

Post by Wolf359 »

I guess my subject line should read: Make MKV locking up my computer. I believe it is the program not the file locking up my computer.
oobedoob

Post by oobedoob »

I'm having a similar issue. I can rip a stack of Blu-Ray/DVDs at a time and no issue and then one after the other MakeMKV will get half way through a disc or near the end and just lock up my computer, but the weird issue is I can still run programs that are still open for sometime before they become unresponsive. I cannot restart from the Start menu (Win 10) and have to do a hard reset every time.

I'm ripping from an internal SATA Asus Blu-Ray drive to an internal SATA HDD.
Wolf359

Post by Wolf359 »

New development: I went to rip "No Time To Die" and it said there was a hash error. I looked at the link to the MakeMKV Website and it said this type of error could indicate a failing usb drive. If I ripped the previous title which I described above, and had the problems above, could this cause my computer to lock up somehow?