"This Application is too old"/Reistration Code

Everything related to MakeMKV
JuanRobles

"This Application is too old"/Reistration Code

Post by JuanRobles »

When opening MakeMKV I get a window saying "This Application is too old". I unsintalled the program and downloaded and installed again and get the same message. I installed an earlier version and get the same message. It gives me a choice to reister but when I try it requires a "registration code". Where do I get a registration code? Please assist me.
triweaver2

Re: "This Application is too old"/Reistration Code

Post by triweaver2 »

Same issue here. Ususally downloading the latest works but not this time.
triweaver2
wthogma

Post by wthogma »

I am also getting 'this application too old message when I try to run program. I've tried rebooting PC, uninstalling old version before re-installing latest update multiple times all without success. Anyone know how to prevent this? I haven't put in a registration code since I don't know what it is.
SamuriHL

Post by SamuriHL »

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1053
triweaver2

Post by triweaver2 »

Thanks!
Winemaker

Post by Winemaker »

I get the same Message that it is out of date. I tried the registration code listed in the link but I get a message that says it failed to store the registration code in the Settings Database. I am on a Mac running OS 10.7.4
Winemaker

Post by Winemaker »

Could someone please answer my above post. I copy and paste the registration code into the registration box and I get a message saying

"Failed to store registration code in settings box" The program then quits. Again this is an iMac 2.4 Ghz Core 2 Duo with 4 GB of Ram running OS 10.7.4
----------------------------------

Update: Finally found an old post that had a similar problem. In this case I am on a Mac that previously belonged to someone else and when they cleared their files and set it up for me, they did not go back and change the Permissions. So the permissions were previously Read Only and that prevents storing the registration code in the Root Directory. Once I changed the permissions to Read/Write, the program installed and operated normally.