MultiMakeMKV: batch processing for MakeMKV (Win)

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
Chetwood

MultiMakeMKV: batch processing for MakeMKV (Win)

Post by Chetwood »

While discussing MakeMKV here and elsewhere I'd occasionally mentioned that I was using a modified version of my MultiShrink script to batch encode BDs with MakeMKV. In the meantime several people have contacted me about this. Thus I've decided to give it a little polish and upload it for anyone's use till someone else comes up with a decent frontend for makemkvcon.exe. Download it for Windows from my homepage but make sure you've read the readme first.
M3KV-GUI.png
M3KV-GUI.png (10.47 KiB) Viewed 36585 times
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
kbaerwald

Re: MultiMakeMKV: batch processing for MakeMKV (Win)

Post by kbaerwald »

Do I understand correctly that I have to open one instance of makemkvcon per conversion file to have MultiMake MKV to work? I have a bunch of hard disks with each approx. 100 iso files to convert.

Thanks for your answer...

Klaus
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

No, the point of MultiMakeMKV is to not use makemkvcon but the regular GUI. Thus you would have to open one instance of MakeMKV per movie. Given your amount of movies to convert I'd say you'd better read up on makemkvcon usage (including robot mode and conversion profiles) and write your own batch. Depending on what tracks you want (HD audio, director's comments, subtitles) and how the disks are authored, it's possible you're still looking at quite some manual adjustments afterwards.
kbaerwald

Post by kbaerwald »

Thanks - that was the answer I have expected (unfortunately). So I will dig into the batch usage. Fortunately most of the iso files just contain the main movie.
lightsabersetc

Post by lightsabersetc »

@kbaerwald - were you just looking to convert all titles in an ISO to MKV, or select specific titles? I wrote a front end for makemkvcon and can probably add this feature pretty easily...
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

URL?
lightsabersetc

Post by lightsabersetc »

It is technically meant to be a remote client, but can be adapted for local use by changing the host to '127.0.0.1' in the configuration. For use on Windows, you will also need to change MAKEMKVCON_PATH to the Windows location (or at least add .exe to it if the path is in your Environment variables). This is a work in progress, but is definitely an improvement on machines with multiple drives. Posting the link to the forum post, instead of the code page to hopefully avoid post approval time ;)
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6005
thedigitalhobo

Post by thedigitalhobo »

in case anyone stumbles across this thread (like I did), there's a new GUI based tool for batching MKVs.

MakeMKV Batch Converter
http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6556