Rogue One Blu-ray in 3D?

Everything related to Blu-ray 3D and 3D MKV files
TommiLax

Rogue One Blu-ray in 3D?

Post by TommiLax »

Hello

I'm trying to rip the Rogue One 3D Blu-ray. I think this is the first 3D Blu-ray I'm ripping. :) My blu-ray has two discs, a 2D version and the 3D version.

However, I can't seem to rip the 3D version so that it's actually 3D. I'm using KODI to play my movies and I have other movies in 3D. KODI recognizes that it's 3D, suggests 3D settings, but doesn't show it in 3D no matter settings I choose. MPC-HC also shows it just in 2D, same thing with VLC.

I also tried the Pavtube ByteCopy and succeeded in ripping it to a working 3D, but the file size was drastically reduced, so the quality is not the original.

I want max quality, since I have a scaling 4k projector.

When selecting the titles for the rip, I can clearly see that makemkv shows the video stream in the main title as "Mpeg4-MVC-3D" and I have that selected. However, the ripped mkv file only works as 2D. I read somewhere that deselecting all subtitle streams help, but I wasn't so lucky.

The disc has two main titles, both have the 3D video stream, the first one is 41,3 GB, the latter one is 41,2 GB.

Can't see anything fishy in the log. Using Windows 7 Pro x64.

Please help, what am I doing wrong? :(
MagmaiKH

Re: Rogue One Blu-ray in 3D?

Post by MagmaiKH »

You have a 3D projector?
TommiLax

Post by TommiLax »

Yes, and a 3D TV. Doesn't work in either of them.
TommiLax

Post by TommiLax »

OK, I finally got it working in 3D, but only if I rip an image of the disc with AnyDVDHD and play the image with PowerDVD.

With MakeMKV, no luck. The 2D version works fine.