Need help getting the Default selection rule right

Discussion of advanced MakeMKV functionality, expert mode, conversion profiles
Metallikahn

Need help getting the Default selection rule right

Post by Metallikahn »

Hi all.

First off, great program! Please keep up the great work. :-)

That being said I need a little help with default selection rule. Here is what I currently have: -sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang),+sel:(core|lossless)&(eng),+sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang

All I want it to do is automatically select any MVC tracks, The main English Lossless and core track, and any english subs (forced or otherwise). It does that,but there is often a directors commentary or two in 5.1 that I DO NOT want and for the life me I can't figure out how to make MAKEMKV not select those tracks. I'm sure I'm just missing something simple, but I can't figure it out.

Also, it always selects all titles automatically. (Which always forces me to unselect all titles before selecting the one I want.) Any way to make it so all the titles are unselected by default and only the nested tracks(lossless audio, subtitles, etc...) are selected. That would reduce the ripping process for me down to basically clicking one check box and picking a folder. :-)
alexcoluzzi32

Re: Need help getting the Default selection rule right

Post by alexcoluzzi32 »

Metallikahn wrote:Hi all.

That being said I need a little help with default selection rule. Here is what I currently have: -sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang),+sel:(core|lossless)&(eng),+sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang

All I want it to do is automatically select any MVC tracks, The main English Lossless and core track, and any english subs (forced or otherwise). It does that,but there is often a directors commentary or two in 5.1 that I DO NOT want and for the life me I can't figure out how to make MAKEMKV not select those tracks. I'm sure I'm just missing something simple, but I can't figure it out.

Also, it always selects all titles automatically. (Which always forces me to unselect all titles before selecting the one I want.) Any way to make it so all the titles are unselected by default and only the nested tracks(lossless audio, subtitles, etc...) are selected. That would reduce the ripping process for me down to basically clicking one check box and picking a folder. :-)
Yeah but then it wouldn't be any fun having to pick through a dozen titles and expand them and click and unclick 100 times before you start ripping :-)

Am I foolish in skipping all subtitles? I've no idea what forced versus non forced is, but I don't like subtitles.

I do like uncompressed audio tracks though :-) I'll often make it a point to rip every available audio track as long as it's in my language of choice.

And what's up with the jpeg file at the end of every title? Do you guys select those or no?
ossie

Re: Need help getting the Default selection rule right

Post by ossie »

alexcoluzzi32 wrote:
Metallikahn wrote:Hi all.

Yeah but then it wouldn't be any fun having to pick through a dozen titles and expand them and click and unclick 100 times before you start ripping :-)

Am I foolish in skipping all subtitles? I've no idea what forced versus non forced is, but I don't like subtitles.

I do like uncompressed audio tracks though :-) I'll often make it a point to rip every available audio track as long as it's in my language of choice.

And what's up with the jpeg file at the end of every title? Do you guys select those or no?
Takes far too long :D
I also would like a rule that selects English subtitles and DTS tracks. Can anyone help?