Attention. Ver 2.1 protection out

Please post here for issues related to UHD discs
TeddyRaspin

Re: Attention. Ver 2.1 protection out

Post by TeddyRaspin »

mike admin wrote:
TheShoe wrote:Give Mike some time. Mike never said it was not possible, only that it is not CURRENTLY possible.
Not even that - it is impossible with current version of MakeMKV, as new decryption code needs to be written. Key-wise it is possible even now - the same magic that unlocks 2.0 MKBv61 can unlock 2.1 MKBv61. Only it has to be done properly and that needs some time...
Hi my dear friend. Glad to hear your words about AACS 2.1. Take, of course, all the time you need for a working solution. I just want to publicly thank you again for your hard and excellent work you provide to us.

With best wishes for everything,
Teddy. :wink:
rivey

Post by rivey »

TeddyRaspin wrote:
mike admin wrote:
TheShoe wrote:Give Mike some time. Mike never said it was not possible, only that it is not CURRENTLY possible.
Not even that - it is impossible with current version of MakeMKV, as new decryption code needs to be written. Key-wise it is possible even now - the same magic that unlocks 2.0 MKBv61 can unlock 2.1 MKBv61. Only it has to be done properly and that needs some time...
Hi my dear friend. Glad to hear your words about AACS 2.1. Take, of course, all the time you need for a working solution. I just want to publicly thank you again for your hard and excellent work you provide to us.

With best wishes for everything,
Teddy. :wink:
Mike, I also want to echo TeddyRaspin's comments. Please take whatever time you need and we will be patient. You have made a great program and you stand behind it and we are all very happy you are doing that. Thanks for all your hard work.
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

Deuhd will be supporting patroit and fury will be supported on next update. News from a close source...
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

gereral1 wrote:Deuhd will be supporting patroit and fury will be supported on next update. News from a close source...
Heard elsewhere same news/rumor as well. So.. they may be relevant once again. Well... at least till Mike makes his move, since his method has always been the fastest.

Regardless, glad to hear there is quick progress on this from multiple fronts and crossing all fingers that it does in fact work and/or the news are valid when the day comes. :D
TeddyRaspin

Post by TeddyRaspin »

gereral1 wrote:Deuhd will be supporting patroit and fury will be supported on next update. News from a close source...
I'm not in a hurry and I'll be waiting for Mike's solutions. I don't like DeUHD so much.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

TeddyRaspin wrote:
I'm not in a hurry and I'll be waiting for Mike's solutions. I don't like DeUHD so much.
I know of no software other than makemkv!
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

jonghotti wrote:
TeddyRaspin wrote:
I know of no software other than makemkv!
I agree...Mike will have a solution soon. I do not use deuhd.
jonghotti

Post by jonghotti »

Since we're kind of sort of on the subject, is anyone else getting a 404 "Not Found" error when attempting to hit the hashed keys link today?
The Original "UHD Friendly" Drive Seller
https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic ... 20&t=17829
KBJghost

Post by KBJghost »

Nope, works fine here.
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

Add me to the "Mike - take your time" collective.
Besides, our current TV's are less than 5 years old so no 4K in my future for some time. :wink:
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
spl147

Post by spl147 »

got a email from DeUHD this morning, AACS2.1 is now supported
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

spl147 wrote:got a email from DeUHD this morning, AACS2.1 is now supported
Yep. I was surprised. Be careful sharing your rips if your dumb enough to upload them. If they are played on mpcbe mpchc madvr there is no way they will know. Play in commercial player (hardware or software) they may call out. Mike will shortly support them and I can resume using my asus friendly drive for patroit and fury.
spl147

Post by spl147 »

gereral1 wrote:
spl147 wrote:got a email from DeUHD this morning, AACS2.1 is now supported
Yep. I was surprised. Be careful sharing your rips if your dumb enough to upload them. If they are played on mpcbe mpchc madvr there is no way they will know. Play in commercial player (hardware or software) they may call out. Mike will shortly support them and I can resume using my asus friendly drive for patroit and fury.
i don't share, LOL
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

https://www.myce.com/news/arusoft-remov ... ase-84427/

Fmts.. Like to KNOW all the info they stripped from the file. I'm sure IP and player were imbedded.
st4evr

Post by st4evr »

gereral1 wrote:https://www.myce.com/news/arusoft-remov ... ase-84427/

Fmts.. Like to KNOW all the info they stripped from the file. I'm sure IP and player were imbedded.
That is true, but by decrypting the disc there is a possibility of having the ability of removing it. Though as Mike mentioned, you just have to go about it the correct way. DeUHD are clearly rebuilding the main file (fmts) to a certain extend to remove/edit data. To a certain extend could also be similar as to how Cinavia is removed from audio streams. However, until we hear from them directly as to what is being removed and/or Mike when he implements his own solution, then it's all speculation. Including this (my) very post.

Don't put on your tin foil hats just yet. This is just the beginning.