Trouble ripping From Paris with Love

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
rkjnsn

Trouble ripping From Paris with Love

Post by rkjnsn »

I tried ripping From Paris with Love, today. After scanning the disc for a bit, MakeMKV informed me that "This disc uses newer version of AACS protection" and that it could not determine the volume key. However, a quick search found the key on Doom9, so I dropped it into my key folder and tried again. This time, it did not error out, but it did take several hours to do the initial title scan, instead of the few seconds typical of most discs I have tried (the drive light was blinking the whole time). Once it finally completed the title scan, I selected the main title and hit go. MakeMKV then looked at the disc for a while, reporting a speed of around 400 K/s, without growing the destination file at all (it stayed with a size of zero), and finally reported that saving the title had failed.

I then ran the backup function, which succeeded both with and without the option to decrypt the video data. The m2ts files of the decrypted version play fine in mplayer, so the key I found is correct and the disk is being properly decrypted.

As a final test, I tried to open the decrypted file structure with MakeMKV, resulting in the same symptoms as when trying to rip directly from the disk.
setarip_old

Re: Trouble ripping From Paris with Love

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

I can only tell you that:

1) I was able to use MakeMKV on June 8 (release date of "From Paris With Love") to properly process the U.S. version of this BluRay

2) MakeMKV properly performed a full disc backup at normal speed, without generating an "AACS error" message. No outside source was required for a volume key

3) MakeMKV properly performed a rip and conversion to MKV at normal speed, without generating an "AACS error" message. No outside source was required for a volume key.

You might want to uninstall MakeMKV, download and install the most current version from the MakeMKV site

You might want to examine your disc for physical damage

mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Please send CLPI and MPLS files from decrypted backup as well as log file when opening such backup, per instructions at http://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8/catid/6
rkjnsn

Post by rkjnsn »

Sorry to take so long in responding. I think the problem may have been caused by some issue with my drive. While I don't currently have access to the disc, I did encounter the same problem on another movie, and updating my drive firmware fixed the problem.
Ivanqz

Post by Ivanqz »

Same here it gets stuck reading the disk.
I have an LG drive 4xand a the new Sumsung SH-B13L 12x read, different computers. Same problem on both drives.
It actually doesn't even play the movie on either.
I tried a replacement disk thinking there was something wrong with the it, but the second disk has the same issue.
The first disk would get stuck at about 20% the second disk gets stuck at 5%

Solutions?
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@Ivanqz

Hi!

Despite what you've said about already exchanging your commercial Blu-ray disc once, I'd suggest to you that if the Blu-ray can't be ripped on two different systems with two different brands/models of Blu-ray players/burners, it's amost a certainty that the commercial Blu-ray disc is at fault.

BTW - I can find NO reference to a "Samsung SH-B13L" drive anywhere. Please check to see if you misread it and post the correct model number back here.

Also, please post the model number ofr your LG drive back here.

Have you previously successfully used these two drives to backup commercial Blu-ray discs?

Ivanqz

Post by Ivanqz »

setarip_old wrote:@Ivanqz

Hi!

Despite what you've said about already exchanging your commercial Blu-ray disc once, I'd suggest to you that if the Blu-ray can't be ripped on two different systems with two different brands/models of Blu-ray players/burners, it's amost a certainty that the commercial Blu-ray disc is at fault.

BTW - I can find NO reference to a "Samsung SH-B13L" drive anywhere. Please check to see if you misread it and post the correct model number back here.

Also, please post the model number ofr your LG drive back here.

Have you previously successfully used these two drives to backup commercial Blu-ray discs?

Thanks for the reply,
After the second disk I gave up trying to backup this movie. I did notice strange marks on the disk but they weren't scratches. I saw these marks again on another disk I couldn't backup. I should have known there were problems with the disks when it would not even play on PDVD 9 (legit version)
Thanks
My BD drive:
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Reviews ... leId=28410
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Thanks for the reply
My pleasure ;>}