Source File Corrupt or Invalid

Please post here for issues related to Blu-ray discs
BonzTM

Source File Corrupt or Invalid

Post by BonzTM »

Hello,

I've ripped some Blurays via AnyDVD as straight ISO's. I'm wanting to use MakeMKV to get rid of my ISO format collection and go with the .mkvs. They are easier to work with and more universal.

The past 3 movies I've tried to convert (Fight Club, Gladiator, and Get Him to the Greek) have all gotten to about 60%, then give me " The source file '\BDMV\Stream\000xxx.m2ts is corrupt or invalid at offset xxxxxxxxxx, attempting to work around'. It gives me this 30 or 40 times then fails.

All 3 of these movies mount and play no problem. I did a full ISO rip removing the protection with AnyDVD. I will continue to try more out of my collection.

Thanks
setarip_old

Re: Source File Corrupt or Invalid

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

Try using MakeMKV DIRECTLY (NO other programs like AnyDVDHD or DVDFab Passkey running in background or foreground) with your original, commercial Blu-ray discs...

BonzTM

Post by BonzTM »

Alrighty, I'll go ahead and do that.

I was wanting to MakeMKV them from the ISOs, since reading from the HDD is much faster. Would eliminate a lot of time :P But apparently MakeMKV doesn't like the way some ISO's are ripped.

I'll try them with the disc and see how it goes. Thanks.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Usually MakeMKV prints a message like this for a reason - the files are likely to be corrupted. You may want to make a full disc backup with MakeMKV and see if any hashcheck errors show up.
BonzTM

Post by BonzTM »

I just did a re-rip with the actual disc. It worked fine :)

Wondering what the problem is. I ripped full ISO with AnyDVD. They played fine on TMT3 etc. Oh well. I've been converting my ISOs to MKV for easier manipulation. Guess I'll just have to re-rip those that don't work.

Thanks guys.
setarip_old

Resolved-Source File Corrupt or Invalid

Post by setarip_old »

Glad to hear that my suggestion, as reinforced by "mike admin", worked for you ;>}