LG BD390 BluRay player Won't Play Files

Everything related to MakeMKV
marc5

LG BD390 BluRay player Won't Play Files

Post by marc5 »

I have a LG BD390 BluRay player. It plays MKV files via a USB port on the player. I created on a DVD backup and converted it an MKV file in handbreak and it worked fine. I would like to be able to do this using MakeMKV but the LG BD390 does not play the resulting file (however it plays fine on my computer).

Does anyone have any insight as to what might be going wrong?

Spec sheet for LG BD390: http://www.lge.com/us/products/document ... _bd390.pdf
TexasGrillChef

Re: LG BD390 BluRay player Won't Play Files

Post by TexasGrillChef »

The LG BD390 player will NOT play files that contain video that has been encoded using the VC-1 codec. It doesn't matter what file format they are in. (M2TS or MKV).

It simply will NOT play ANY video file that uses the VC-1 video codec.

The ONLY way the LG BD390 player will play a video with the VC-1 video codec, is if it has been burned to an actual Blu-ray disc and in the proper Blu-ray disc format.

When I called LG, they said they will eventually ADD VC-1 capability to file playback. Via the USB or Network. The big problem with VC-1 unlike h.264 or MPG2, is that it requires licensing by commercial vendors such as LG, Sony, Western Digital etc.

It is coming to LG, It just isn't here yet.... But hey... they just added VUDU in their recent firmware update.

Just to let you know.... The LG BD390 player WILL play MKV/M2TS files using the h.264 or MPG2 video codec AND a DTS audio track. It will also play/show subtitles if they are in the correct format. That part I havent' figured out yet.

TGC
dlaporte

Re: LG BD390 BluRay player Won't Play Files

Post by dlaporte »

Just to let you know.... The LG BD390 player WILL play MKV/M2TS files using the h.264 or MPG2 video codec AND a DTS audio track.
I have several MKVs with MPG2 video and AC3 audio that refuse to play ("Not Supported Video Codec"). Are you saying that they would play OK if there was a DTS track?

regards,
Dave