Grey's Anatomy and House Errors

Everything related to MakeMKV
ctrdevelopments

Grey's Anatomy and House Errors

Post by ctrdevelopments »

Hi

I have come accross this great prog for sorting out all my dvd series of tv shows. However i am having trouble with the odd episode from random discs of random shows. I rip using anydvd, to files not iso, and then work of the dvd files using makemkv. For instance I am getting

DEBUG: Code 0 at ~ukZOPo6!U>>b0Xw_Du:213130858
DEBUG: Code 0 at ~ukZOPo6!U>>b0Xw_Du:29393861
DEBUG: Code 0 at DQO~,Q{kbGY!EV@g$@*?:213130513
DEBUG: Code 709080 at DQO~,Q{kbGY!EV@g$@*?:213129639
LIBMKV_TRACE: Exception: Error while reading input

which doesnt mean much to me, but i a hoping somone will be able to help me out.

many thanks

Matt
Last edited by ctrdevelopments on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctrdevelopments

Re: Greys read error

It appears if I dont rip from the DVD it works! Not sure what is going on but at least it works now!
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

Hi!

As has been noted here and at other forums:

Running any other ripping/stripping/decrypting programs (such as AnyDVD) while using MakeMKV is both unnecessary (MakeMKV performs all of its own required ripping/stripping/decrypting) and can potentially interfere with MakeMKV's proper performance.

Turn off all such potentially conflicting programs and then use Make MKV to process the actual disc directly.

Let us know of your results...
ctrdevelopments

OK, so with anydvd off it worked! So I thought I would try ripping house directly off the dvd! Again with anydvd OFF! (series 3 disc 6) All was fine until the final episode

MakeMKV v1.4.12 beta win(x64-release) started
Debug logging enabled, log will be saved as C:\Users\Matthew/MakeMKV_log.txt
Using direct disc access mode
Cell 5 was discarded (structure protection?)
Complex multiplex encountered - 4 cells and 4795 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #0 was added (4 cell(s), 0:42:06)
Complex multiplex encountered - 4 cells and 4749 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #1 was added (4 cell(s), 0:41:52)
Cell 6 was discarded (structure protection?)
Complex multiplex encountered - 5 cells and 4766 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #2 was added (5 cell(s), 0:41:54)
Complex multiplex encountered - 4 cells and 4786 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #3 was added (4 cell(s), 0:42:10)
Cell 2 was discarded (structure protection?)
Complex multiplex encountered - 1 cells and 1339 VOBUs have to be scanned. This may take some time, please be patient - it can't be avoided.
Title #4 was added (1 cell(s), 0:21:24)
Operation sucessfully completed
Saving 1 titles into directory K:/House/Season 03
DEBUG: Code 49 at HDU}mc:#g{fl@&m"+rY:121265706
DEBUG: Code 0 at |,{'^H t6>.]$7P @,<R1:121264993
LIBMKV_TRACE: Exception: Error while reading input
Failed to save title 3 to file K:/House/Season 03/title03.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed

any ideas?

I also have the log file which it wont let me paste as it has 'too few character'?!

many thanks
popejobs

Post by popejobs »

what do you mean by "Greys read error" - do you mean Greys Anatomy? If so consider yourself lucky and makeMKV is refusing to rip for your own protection.
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@popejobs

Hi!

Please be specific. What does your post mean?

Is there some extra heavy duty protection that, according to you, typically can't be overcome for any of the "Grey's Anatomy discs?
ctrdevelopments

Sorry chaps

yes I mean Greys Anatomy. Although the latest log is from House! I have editted the title to make more sense now

Does anyone understand the error code it is giving?

I have uploaded the log now
Attachments
log.txt
(263.84 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
DaveGee

Post by DaveGee »

setarip_old wrote:@popejobs Hi! Please be specific. What does your post mean? Is there some extra heavy duty protection that, according to you, typically can't be overcome for any of the "Grey's Anatomy discs?
Just an FYI... I do remember a while back when I was foolishly attempting to rip me and my wife's TV season collections (yes Grey's Anatomy was HER show not mine - lol) that GA had a VERY VERY VERY annoying DVD protection and I'm not sure if I ever found a good workaround and I have just about all of the DVD ripping packages on my Mac. For some reason Sony comes to mind... I'm not sure if that was just the studio that release GA or perhaps it was some form of DVD protection they helped to develop but anyway GA was a huge pain... that much I remember.

Edit...

For some reason I was thinking the OP was talking about trying to rip bluray media... then I realized that this app does deal with both DVD and BR and after just now re-reading the OP I see that they are talking about DVD's...

So YES YES YES ... Grey's Anatomy is one of the more NASTY dvds to successfully rip but it doesn't seem all discs behave the same way... Like S1D1 might have failed but S1D2-5 all worked... I can't remember what discs gave me the trouble but I do know that it wasn't all of them. Which seems rather odd... you'd figure they would put the same protections on all the discs but I didn't find that to be the case.

Edit..

Some links to back up my comments:

Forum Post: http://club.myce.com/f116/problems-copy ... my-167387/
ctrdevelopments

Re: Grey's Anatomy and House Errors

Hi

At leastI am not alone then! I have not got GA to work. I was originally copying to HD then using MakeMKV from that, but if I directly used MakeMKV from the disc, although slower, it worked!

However I am having a very similar problem ripping House. I have attached the log further up to see if anyone can help, as it means nothing to me! It seems random though as it is only certain episodes on certain discs. I have tried cleaning and different drives, but still not got it working! If anyone can decode the log I would be most grateful and will try any suggestions!

cheers
DaveGee

Post by DaveGee »

ctrdevelopments wrote: At leastI am not alone then! I have not got GA to work. I was originally copying to HD then using MakeMKV from that, but if I directly used MakeMKV from the disc, although slower, it worked!
So wait? which statement is the right one? " I have not got GA to work." or " but if I directly used MakeMKV from the disc, although slower, it worked"
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

How did you copy files to hard disk? You need to use proper DVD ripping software, files copied as files will not work.
ctrdevelopments

hi, I was originally copying using anydvd, then using make mkv on those. However with GA it didnt work so after being advised to turn off anydvd and use makemkv directly it worked on GA. I then tried the same direct method on House and got the error log previously attached.

cheers