Auto down-convert to 25GB

Everything related to MakeMKV
matthewdonnan

Auto down-convert to 25GB

Post by matthewdonnan »

Hi,
I've seen a few helpful suggestions by other members on how to down-convert my resulting mkv file in order to fit onto a 25gb (single layer) disc, however I was just wondering (apologies if this has already been asked elsewhere) whether or not this is a planned enhancement that we can expect to see soon in later releases of makemkv so that so no additional software is required afterwards?
Wasabi

Re: Auto down-convert to 25GB

Post by Wasabi »

I hope not. There are already a myriad of options available to do what you want that work brilliantly. There's nothing else that does what MakeMKV does.

Is it really that horrible to use another piece of mature software to compress your rips down to 25GB without distracting the author of MakeMKV by expecting him to reinvent the wheel?
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@wasabi

You never know what the author may or may not be willing to consider for addition - perhaps compression, perhaps splitting by chapter...
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

No, video transcoding is not planned. Audio and subtitles transcoding is planned for the near future.
Marc_G

Post by Marc_G »

As a note from the peanut gallery, I support Mike's intention to leave video transcoding out but add the audio / subtitle features. I think these are the most critical to success of the product and would best support its increase in market share.

Marc
Wasabi

Post by Wasabi »

@setarip_old

No need to be snarky. Splitting by chapter is spectacularly trivial. Adding video transcoding is anything but...
setarip_old

Post by setarip_old »

@Wasabi
The point is that "matthewdonan" has as much right to ask about what is important/desirous to him, regardless of level of complexity, as you have to ask about what's important/desirous to you...
Wasabi

Post by Wasabi »

setarip_old wrote:@Wasabi
The point is that "matthewdonan" has as much right to ask about what is important/desirous to him, regardless of level of complexity, as you have to ask about what's important/desirous to you...
@I Need To Be Noticed So I Make My Text Blue

No, the point is I have just as much right to share my opinion about what's not important/desirous to me as others do to ask about things they find important/desirous. That's kind of the whole point of forums - the back and forth discussions. You added nothing to the conversation except Notice Me, Daddy text dripping with obnoxious condescension.

Also, it's not like this hasn't been brought up umpteen times before, all with the same answer. :roll: