Several titles in the same file

Everything related to MakeMKV
xvillex

Several titles in the same file

Post by xvillex »

I ripped some dvd and it has 5 titles. MakeMKV combined 1,2 and 3 to be as one file (size about 6,7gb or so) and titles 4 and 5 being their own. Is there something i can do to avoid this happened again?
ndjamena

Re: Several titles in the same file

Post by ndjamena »

/manualdvd/
xvillex

Post by xvillex »

I read that but i dont understand what i need to do to correct it.

When makemkv opens the dvd, it finds 5 differend titles (after dropping fakes away) and showing them separately. Before i start the procedure, I check that each title has its right subtitles and audio. But when it start the procedure it combines titles 1,2,3 to be in the same file together being 3 hours lenght/6,7gb and let titles 4 and 5 to be separate files as they all should be.
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

That shouldn't happen.

If there's five titles on five separate lines in the list, then by definition you should get five titles output as files.

Maybe you should explain a little better.
xvillex

Post by xvillex »

Well, i take the screenshot later, if that helps better... Right now im ripping one of the title with other software because MakeMkv couldnt rip it (i tried to clean the disk already, but i get the same error "cannot save the file" always).

So, later...
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

MANY disks are authored with multiple episodes in a single file. The manualdvd method allows you to tell MakeMKV to separate them during the rip, but it is a bit of a pain to figure out what to put in when you're new at ripping. Heck, I don't use it myself... I just rip the large file, then break the file into episodes in post-processing.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging