ripping uhd 4k the martian

Everything related to MakeMKV
DavidHOO

Re: ripping uhd 4k the martian

Post by DavidHOO »

The Blu-ray is harder and harder to rip. The new released Blu-ray like 4K Blu-ray usually has more complex protection scheme like new mechanism MKB61. For all I know, MakeMKV supports Blu-ray AACS, BD+ up to v60. Only a cheap Chinese software from Pavtube has upgraded to support MKB61. You can search Blu-ray MKB61 supported Blu-ray Ripper on Google. It seems to be called ByteCopy. Maybe you can try it.
IanBauters

Post by IanBauters »

I wonder if you dismantled the Xbox One S and used the DG-6M5S that's inside there to connect it to your Mac or PC if you would be able to at least read the 4K Blu-ray?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

You don't have to dismantle anything to get a 4K capable drive, because they're sold at retail. But they're kind of useless until someone breaks the new version of AACS that is used.

Personally, I'm not all that bothered by it, since I refuse to sit close enough to a monitor to be able to tell the difference between 1080p and 2160p. Lots of articles on that... like this one from 3 years ago: http://referencehometheater.com/2013/co ... alculator/
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Fearless Leader

Post by Fearless Leader »

Considering that it seems to be hit-or-miss with BDXL drives on the market, the drive in xbox one s likely does have the firmware to read the disc, and since it is xbox, there likely is a windows driver for it.

The trick is acquiring a certificate that can get the drive to read the keys.

Might be able to if you could get to the xbone S's player and reverse engineer it. Good luck with that though. :(
gereral1

Post by gereral1 »

Cost way to much to capture 4k. I'm guessing 3 grand for the hardware. Hdr is not possible until 4k drm is broken. You will get 4k at bluary color space.

I'm guessing this is how Martin was cracked.

Hdmi 2.0 to 1.4 down convert box. 1.4 splitter to remove hdcp. 4k Hdmi capture card to capture 2 channel stereo and 4k video. Extract digital track off the blurry mux into a container and there you go. They most likely fed 4k Netflix into these boxes and back to a capture card.

To expensive for me and also illegal. No touchy for me.....
DJViking

Post by DJViking »

How is the status of UHD BD support in MakeMKV?
I have seen some UHD Bluray movies been ripped. They started popping up online 4-5 months ago on torrents. Before that the only UHD was Webrip.

So someone must have been able to rip these movies. Though the movie of this topic "Martian" I have not seen ripped.
Krobar

Post by Krobar »

I think the rips so far were from HD SDI recording devices so not proper rips. PowerDVD and Pioneer have finally announced a PC software solution so the chances of proper rips is becoming much more likely in future.
DJViking

Post by DJViking »

Krobar wrote:I think the rips so far were from HD SDI recording devices so not proper rips. PowerDVD and Pioneer have finally announced a PC software solution so the chances of proper rips is becoming much more likely in future.
Sadly such software will not be available on Linux. The only hope we have are MakeMKV or Handbrake.
ChillyHellion

Post by ChillyHellion »

DJViking wrote:
Krobar wrote:I think the rips so far were from HD SDI recording devices so not proper rips. PowerDVD and Pioneer have finally announced a PC software solution so the chances of proper rips is becoming much more likely in future.
Sadly such software will not be available on Linux. The only hope we have are MakeMKV or Handbrake.
Amen to that, I'm holding out for MakeMKV support as well.