Ignore/remove chapters

Everything related to MakeMKV
Meister_Proper

Ignore/remove chapters

Post by Meister_Proper »

I usually do a remux from a BD, but I don't want to keep the chapters. So I'm looking for a way to ignore the chapters or remove them. I searched this forum and couldn't find anything. The only thread I found was that I would have to use another program to remove the chapters.
Is there any way to do this right within makemkv? That would be very nice.
I know that this is probably not important for a lot of people, but I think/hope that this isn't difficult.
MrVideo

Re: Ignore/remove chapters

Post by MrVideo »

Meister_Proper wrote:I usually do a remux from a BD, but I don't want to keep the chapters.
I have a dumb question. Why? So what if they are there? If you don't use them, they can just be ignored.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

There is no current way to ignore the chapter track within MakeMKV.

Were I doing this, I'd use mkvmerge from the mkvtoolnix tool set, and just unselect the chapter track. If you are processing the file through handbrake, you can un-check chapter markers from the chapters menu, and the chapters will not be copied over.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Meister_Proper

Post by Meister_Proper »

MrVideo wrote:
Meister_Proper wrote:I usually do a remux from a BD, but I don't want to keep the chapters.
I have a dumb question. Why? So what if they are there? If you don't use them, they can just be ignored.
Its not that important, but when I'm watching an Episode and I watched that already I want to skip to the next Episode. If there are chapters I have to skip through all the chapters first. Wouldn't happen that often since the jukebox has a watched mark.
I just thought that I might be that blind and I didn't see that option^^
Woodstock wrote:There is no current way to ignore the chapter track within MakeMKV.

Were I doing this, I'd use mkvmerge from the mkvtoolnix tool set, and just unselect the chapter track. If you are processing the file through handbrake, you can un-check chapter markers from the chapters menu, and the chapters will not be copied over.
Thanks for the info!