Subtitles empty?

Everything related to MakeMKV
moravec

Subtitles empty?

Post by moravec »

Hello

I always add German subtitles, sometimes there are two German subtitle sets to select in Makemkv ending with 4 subtitles in the mkv file. Usually only two are required - the normal and the one with forced. How can I be sure to keep the forced one? Finding a place in the movie where they are used is nearly impossible.
Woodstock

Re: Subtitles empty?

Post by Woodstock »

Empty subtitle tracks will automatically be removed by MakeMKV. If they're present in the MKV file, there is SOMETHING in the track.

With anime, it is easy to find the forced subtitles - they are almost always present during the titles and credits, where the theme songs will not be dubbed. So I look for a track that has subtitles there, but not elsewhere.

For other titles, though, you would usually have to find a scene where there is writing in a language other than the dub.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
CountryBumkin

Re: Subtitles empty?

Post by CountryBumkin »

There is a website/document here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... i=1#gid=20 that has a lot of movies and TV Shows listed identifying the type of subtitle and where (in the timeline) to go to see (test) that the subtitle is displayed.
I hope this helps. Good luck