Dear Mike Admin

Everything related to MakeMKV
electronicsguy

Re: Dear Mike Admin

Post by electronicsguy »

I recently purchased a key too! Thanks for the great work Mike!
MacJollyRoger

Post by MacJollyRoger »

dear mike,

i use your software and i want to pay for it. but 50 € is to much for me. i would pay 20 €... although is beta and free.
i want to support you.

i think here at least 2 more people, who think so.. ( i think there substantially more)

whats better?

3 x user free with beta and 0 €?
or
3 x 20 € = 60€

i think more people pay 20 € then 50€...

greetings and good work
taylorwmj

Post by taylorwmj »

MacJollyRoger wrote:dear mike,

i use your software and i want to pay for it. but 50 € is to much for me. i would pay 20 €... although is beta and free.
i want to support you.

i think here at least 2 more people, who think so.. ( i think there substantially more)

whats better?

3 x user free with beta and 0 €?
or
3 x 20 € = 60€

i think more people pay 20 € then 50€...

greetings and good work
If you can't afford it, don't buy it. Just because you don't like the price doesn't mean a seller should just modify the pricing for you. I don't go to Porsche dealership and tell the salesman how much I love their vehicles and want a 911, but that it's just too expensive for me (and many others) and it should instead be the price of a 718 because me and my 3 buddies will all buy the 911 if it's $65,000 instead.

While lowering the price would also lower the barrier of entry for the purchaser, Mike has set the price at what he wants it to be.

People have continually been asking for a lower price for much of the existence of MakeMKV (and a lot more as of late do some other software hitting some roadbumps, but it's not changed. Just pony up and pay the $50 (which is roughly €45, not €50, so I don't know where you're getting 50) or just use the beta key and stop filling up the forums with frivolous importuning.
MacJollyRoger

Post by MacJollyRoger »

"...and stop filling up the forums with frivolous importuning."
please stay nice...

i can say my opinion, and you can say your opinion. i have an idea for more money for mike.
and your comparison with porsche is wrong. but i know what you mean...
even its wrong...

porsche is a high-end product (with high-end price) for rich people.
makemkv is for everybody... and i think:

lower the price
get more buyer
get more money for the work

free speech without insults:
i like the idea
you dont like the idea
sinistar

Post by sinistar »

johnkgibson wrote:Mike,

You don't know me from adam. I love this software, and I have been using it a few months. Today my beta key gave out. It got me thinking. You put a lot of time and effort into this software. So today, I put a crowbar to my wallet and I bought a license.

Thanks for the hard work. I don't know if you hear this often enough, but I mean it. You have saved many DVDs from being scratched by my kids and the cost of replacing damaged media far exceeds what you ask for.
+1 here. A great program - it was the missing link between my blu-ray collection and my new NAS.
Thanks for the great work and keep it going! I'll buy it now.
-Peter
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

MacJollyRoger wrote:
lower the price
get more buyer
get more money for the work
I don't think anyone here, save Mike, is in a position to know exactly how much "more money for the work" he would make but here are few thoughts you may want to consider before asking for something unreasonable. Many who haven't owned a small business don't understand that a certain income is required to keep it running. These costs include employees, computers, servers, internet access, credit card processing, taxes, etc. - and these come before paying for further development and, in many cases, before the owner gets fully paid.

Yes, more licenses will be sold if the price drops but more money will not be made. Your earlier example, of charging 20€ per license, would mean Mike would have to sell 5 licenses to make the same income as he would selling 2 now. You may be thinking "my friends and a couple others will make this up" and you may be right...if one were only looking to sell a handful of licenses in the short term. But how do you make up a 50 vs. 20 difference, or 500 vs. 200, for a sustainable business? You don't. And how much lost revenue would there have been from those who have paid the original asking price?

Lastly, let's assume Mike says "sure, I can develop MakeMKV and drop my prices to $20". Great, you're now happy, but the "slippery slope" has been introduced. It won't be long before someone says "Gee, I'd buy MakeMKV but $20 is too much, but if it were $10...". You can't please everyone who wants to own your product...

So, as has been said before, if you and your friends like MakeMKV and use it often or often enough, just buy it as it is so you can keep the project going. Or you can use the free beta key. Are you in?
dazbobaby

Post by dazbobaby »

I'd love to buy it but I find £50 a bit of a stretch, £25 yes without hesitation.

Don't get me wrong, it's worth £50, I just can't afford that much in one go.
Lahiri

Post by Lahiri »

Hi Mike

Just purchased the makeMKV today, I regret finding makeMKV was through a warning message recently displayed when using my purchased Brorsoft software. This being said thanks so much for a converter that really works and is very well supported. :D :D