How do I select all BD stereo tracks in English?

Everything related to MakeMKV
TheCheezWhiz

How do I select all BD stereo tracks in English?

Post by TheCheezWhiz »

My apologies is this is a noob repeat but I can't find an answer on my own and need a little hand holding.

When ripping BDs the app deselects any non-English audio tracks. This is exactly what I want. However, the only English track it automatically selects is usually "DTS Surround 5.1 English." That's fine but how can I get it to select ALL English tracks?

It's not important to me that it selects DTS-HD MA Surround 7.1 English but I would like it to rip any and every stereo track as these seem to always be where the commentaries are. Stereo also seems to be the format for descriptive audio but I'm okay "wasting" bits ripping that track as long as I get all commentary tracks.

As near as I can tell the solution seems to be in the advanced preferences which are currently:
Default profile: Default
Default selection rule: -sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang|single),-sel:(havemulti|havecore),+sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang

I can't figure out what to tweak in the selection rule to rip EVERY English audio track. Or am I barking up the wrong decision tree?

TIA
Wasabi

Re: How do I select all BD stereo tracks in English?

Post by Wasabi »

This works for me. Deselect everything, then only select English, then deselect the redundant core tracks from being separated out and taking up space. Catches all the English subs, too.

-sel:all,+sel:eng,-sel:core

Start from there and tweak if you don't want subs or need other languages or whatever. The language codes come from the ISO standard: https://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/ ... e_list.php
TheCheezWhiz

Re: How do I select all BD stereo tracks in English?

Post by TheCheezWhiz »

Thank you! That did the trick. I tried it on a couple disks known to have multiple commentary tracks and it selected them all.

I did drop the last bit (-sel:core) because I don't understand what's meant by core tracks. Tried to have Google educate me but what core means to BD ripping still went over my head.