Need help with default selection rule.

Everything related to MakeMKV
voip-ninja

Need help with default selection rule.

Post by voip-ninja »

I'm trying to create a default selection rule so that when I select a title on a disc, only the title I click on is selected, instead ALL of them get selected.

Additionally, whatever I did resulted in now all language and sub tracks are getting selected... I only want english subtitle and audio tracks.

Can anyone help me with what this statement is supposed to look like in order to accomplish the above? What I am using that is not working is below.

-sel:none,+sel:(favlang|nolang|single),-sel:(havemulti|havecore),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang
Woodstock

Re: Need help with default selection rule.

Post by Woodstock »

The selection rule applies to tracks within titles. The default behavior of MakeMKV is to select all titles at least as long as your minimum title length.

To get rid of multiple titles selected, you can RIGHT-click on the left hand menu, and select "unselect all", then select the one title you want.

And your default track selection rule does say to rip (almost) all audio and subtitle tracks, regardless of language.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
voip-ninja

Post by voip-ninja »

Okay, thanks. What is the default selection rule if you may?
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

I can't really tell you - mine has been customized for so long that I don't remember what it started out as.

Here is the section of the default profile that ships with MakeMKV:

Code: Select all

<!-- Settings overridable in preferences -->
    <profileSettings
        app_DefaultSelectionString="-sel:all,+sel:(favlang|nolang|single),-sel:(havemulti|havecore),-sel:mvcvideo,=100:all,-10:favlang"
    />
If you have not set a favorite language, it will respond differently than if you have one.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
plittlefield

Post by plittlefield »

How do I select a favourite language of English in the command line settings.conf?