Empty Chapter at End of Rip?

Everything related to MakeMKV
rclongshot

Empty Chapter at End of Rip?

Post by rclongshot »

Good morning, I'm attempting to rip both Ash vs Evil Dead S1 & The Walking Dead S6 and the individual episodes when ripped have an extra chapter at the end [it's just black screen, no sound]. The entirety of the episode is there, it's just that after the credits you get a couples minutes of black.

It appears that all episodes rip has the proper amount of chapters, so I can rip that and then just separate them, but curious if anyone else has experienced this empty chapter?

Thanks,
-R
yorgo

Re: Empty Chapter at End of Rip?

Post by yorgo »

Yes, I have experienced the same with The Walking Dead, and not just season 6. Not much to do about it so I just ignore the extra chapter.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

You CAN take care of it using post-processing. Since everything I do goes through handbrake before going onto the media server, I would simply tell handbrake to ignore the last chapter. I see it more often with "DVD credits" on the last episode on a particular disk...
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

Woodstock wrote:You CAN take care of it using post-processing. Since everything I do goes through handbrake before going onto the media server, I would simply tell handbrake to ignore the last chapter. I see it more often with "DVD credits" on the last episode on a particular disk...
Yes, correct, it can be taken care of with 3rd-party processing if one is so inclined (I'm too lazy to process again just to eliminate this :lol: ). But, confirming for the OP, out of the gate MakeMKV has left blank chapters which MakeMKV cannot remove.
Kyocere

Post by Kyocere »

I registered just to confirm the same with Ash vs Evil Dead. As stated earlier, skipping the last chapter in Handbrake works well.
angelgraves13

Post by angelgraves13 »

I just used mkvmerge and split out the last chapter that was blank. Seen this on a few blu-rays.

I also split out the first 166 frames of Narcos as it was just the annoying Netflix logo.