"Custom Java executable location" option @ Windows 10

Everything related to MakeMKV
MZAdotcom

"Custom Java executable location" option @ Windows 10

Post by MZAdotcom »

I have a Windows 10 machine running the latest version of MakeMKV, 1.10.2.

What do you put in the "Custom Java executable location" field? Is it better just to leave it blank? Researching the forum, I see possible solutions for Linux, but none for Windows.

From my understanding, this field is needed for or helps with certain types of discs, like ones from Lionsgate/etc.

My main concern is with Photo/Stills Galleries, which MakeMKV has never been able to process.

Does having Java installed and it pointed to @ "Preferences > Protection > Custom Java executable location" help with Photo/Stills Galleries?

I have no problem backing up DVD's or BRD's, just want to find a solution for this issue.

Is it as simple as a command that needs to be copied/pasted there? Or do I just navigate to the Java install location using File Explorer?

On my system, Jave is located @ C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_101\bin\java.exe

Cheers.
@HTPC: Intel NUC HTPC [BOXDN2820FYKH0] | Plextor 128GB SIII SSD | G.SKILL 8GB DDR3 1333 RAM | Win 10 Pro | SAMSUNG 55" LED HDTV | Harman/Kardon 5.1 AV Receiver [AVR 1565] | Dolby TrueHD | DTS-MA HD | Polk Audio 5.1 Home Theater System w/10" SW