"But the disk is perfect and plays in my DVD/BD player!"

Everything related to MakeMKV
Woodstock

"But the disk is perfect and plays in my DVD/BD player!"

Post by Woodstock » Sat Oct 29, 2016 11:31 pm

Yorgo has compiled a list of common causes for DVD and BD errors where the disk is brand new, over in the Blu-ray error reports section. A lot of people seem to be ignoring the message, because they're confident that it really is some new form of copy protection that MakeMKV doesn't know about it.

If you're experiencing rip errors, please read here first!

Please check out what is posted there first, and eliminate the common issues first. People are getting bored of us posting "clean your disk..." messages. :)
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: https://www.makemkv.com/faq/item/8

pguillot69

Re: "But the disk is perfect and plays in my DVD/BD player!"

Post by pguillot69 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:45 pm

First time posting but WOW.

Used several DVD Rippers in the past. AnyDVD was on top of the list. When it went away, I thought " Well More money down the drain.
I love my DVDs but I hate it when they get scratched and damaged. MakeMKV seems like the perfect alternative to other systems. The one thing I wish was this.
If a disk has a problem, Encryption or bad master but the main movie plays fine. Here is an option for the programmers.

Let MakeMkv pipe the movie like it would be played on a DVD player. Allow you to save it with all of the Subtitles and languages if possible but at least have the movie piped out in the language of choice and any subtitles needed. A lot of times a movie has a subtitle in it because of a different language spoken " They call them hard subtitles"
Yes, I realize the name of the program is MAKEMKV but so much more can achieved by allowing the system to at least get the movie off the disc.

And YES... The movie would have to play thru at normal speed to pipe properly but at least you would get a movie for some of those really tough ones.

I use PLEX at my home and I love to have subtitles and both English, Spanish and French. MKV files enable the movie to be a single file with all the trimmings.

ProNub

Post by ProNub » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:44 pm

It seems like brand new scratched on arrival 4k discs is on the rise from my experience. I've had to send multiple back this year because makemkv couldn't rip them even after cleaning.

Supernatural

Post by Supernatural » Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:14 am

pguillot69 wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:45 pm
Allow you to save it with all of the Subtitles and languages if possible
I agree with you. I'm learning Spanish and subtitles help a lot