Anyone able to rip 3D movies to work with LG TVs?

Everything related to MakeMKV
woodpost

Anyone able to rip 3D movies to work with LG TVs?

Post by woodpost »

i have a new 3D LG TV and i'm trying to rip and play 3D movies off a USB drive. i ripped a 3D Blu-ray, made sure to include the MVC 3D file, but it only plays in 2D. maybe i'm incorrectly assuming that the TV is able to play 3D files from a USB drive. has anyone here gotten it to work? cheers!
Woodstock

Re: Anyone able to rip 3D movies to work with LG TVs?

Post by Woodstock »

Very few, if any, TVs have built-in support for 3D MVC by themselves. They have the hardware to do the display, but they lack the software to read the separate track and integrate it. The "smarts" of the 3D are in the connected device, be it a BD player or a media player.

In theory, an Android-based TV would be able to do it, ass-u-me-ing it has the right decoder chips.

Doing a Google search for "lg smart tv 3d mkv playback" comes up with hits, but their highest rated ones say you need to convert the MKV to a special MP4, nothing about playing the MKV itself.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
woodpost

Post by woodpost »

i think you may be right that it doesn't have support built-in. i was just going off what the LG rep said when i bought the TV. he said he would've demoed 3D for me but he didn't have any samples on his USB drive. maybe he didn't have any on his drive because it doesn't work.

and pretty much every hit from google searches for this topic are (not so) cleverly disguised ads for ByteCopy. every page i clicked on had a download link somewhere. the fact that no legitimate hits came up is another reason to believe it doesn't work.

cheers!
spl147

Post by spl147 »

woodpost wrote:i think you may be right that it doesn't have support built-in. i was just going off what the LG rep said when i bought the TV. he said he would've demoed 3D for me but he didn't have any samples on his USB drive. maybe he didn't have any on his drive because it doesn't work.

and pretty much every hit from google searches for this topic are (not so) cleverly disguised ads for ByteCopy. every page i clicked on had a download link somewhere. the fact that no legitimate hits came up is another reason to believe it doesn't work.

cheers!
the Mede8er X3D series players play mvc mkv flawlessly!