Not able to rip main audio

Everything related to MakeMKV
shepx13

Not able to rip main audio

Post by shepx13 »

In the past I have never had any issues ripping most discs I have tried. I'ts been about a year since I've ripped anything. My computer hardware hasn't changed, although I have put a fresh copy of Windows 10 on. Now I can't rip the main audio tracks of any I have tried. For Finding Dory I was able to rip the commentary track and the audio worked fine on it, but it won't pull from the main track. I even went back to an old disc that worked fine in the past (Toy Story 3) and it won't rip the audio from that one either.
Any suggestions?
Woodstock

Re: Not able to rip main audio

Post by Woodstock »

When you load the disk, click the little triangle next to the main title in the left hand listing. It will expand to show you the tracks within the title, and which ones your selection rules said to select.

Which ones are checked?

Under the default, not-in-expert-mode selection rules for MakeMKV, the "highest specification" audio track will be selected for each language. That isn't always the main audio, though.

Try checking ALL audio tracks, and rip the title.

You may have an issue with your player not being able to deal with the "main" track, so it selects one it can handle.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
shepx13

Post by shepx13 »

I've tried multiple with no luck. In the past, usually the main track would be checkmarked automatically. Now, it's not and I have to go back and check it, but it's not making a difference, no matter which one I try. It's strange since I was using Win 10 before with no issues.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Do you have VLC from videolan.org?

If so, try playing the MKV file... It is quite likely the audio track is there, but your playback software isn't compatible with it. You may need to kick into Expert mode and use the FLAC profile to convert the audio to something your software CAN read.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging