Feature Request "Output Filename"

Everything related to MakeMKV
argonaut

Feature Request "Output Filename"

Post by argonaut »

I am enjoying the beta currently, thanks.

One feature I would like to see is the ability to set the output file name. I know you can change the output destination folder, and they may be enough for some people, but I would like to set the file name before saving to MKV file. While title00.mkv is nice and it will increment if the file already exists, sometimes I rip files one after another to the same directory and really don't want edit each file name after each rip. That is something I save for later in my work flow. Setting a file name that is descriptive would be a really nice feature.

An even nicer feature would be to automatically set the output file name to the source volume label and then let me edit if needed.

Thanks for your consideration.
SamuriHL

Re: Feature Request "Output Filename"

Post by SamuriHL »

That'd be sweet! You could add a [xx] to the name for each title you save. So, for example, say you're doing title 1 and 6 off the BD and it's "BOLT_NA" or whatever. You could output them:

BOLT_NA[01].mkv
BOLT_NA[06].mkv

etc

That'd be useful. :)
aloshka

Post by aloshka »

Oh that would be so wonderful!! I LOVE makeMKV best damn app there is, simple, easy to use, but please please allow filenames?? Maybe automatically title the main title, and you can simply click and rename the others in the tree?
BluFix

Post by BluFix »

This would be great and very helpful with TV series discs for example, since they have many titles. It's not very nice to have a folder with title02, title03 etc. because it's time consuming having to figure out which is which.
Twowit2woo

Post by Twowit2woo »

and you can simply click and rename the others in the tree?
That feature is already available. It's called Windows Explorer :lol:
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Will be available in the next version, 1.7.0
trondmm

Post by trondmm »

Excellent!
argonaut

Post by argonaut »

Thanks.
BluFix

Post by BluFix »

Great news, thanks.
doomedtx

Post by doomedtx »

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Thanks for adding in this feature. Would you please consider not altering the file name input by the user to replace spaces with underscores? It's great that I can input a file name, but I still have to go back and rename the file manually because I prefer not to store my files with underscores in the name.

Thanks again!
73ChargerFan

Post by 73ChargerFan »

How do I set the output file name? I just installed 1.7.0 on Win7 x64 and tried a DVD but cannot find where to set the name. Thanks.
Ehrlichia

Post by Ehrlichia »

Hello, I appreciate this feature of the naming title00, title01 it has saved some time but would like to be able to change it to something different like movie00, or wedding00, just a box (in the GUI or a way to edit default.mmcp.xml) to input what I happen to be working on at the time. and if the box is left empty, the default would be used. (title00, title01.)
I am using the CLI in a small batch file and sometimes it catches the name off the disc and gives it the proper name like t_00 name of disc.mkv but mostly I get the default name of title00. using the GUI the name can be changed easily but it is more cumbersome. thanks.
kingliam

Post by kingliam »

Just wondering if this feature has made it into the console yet. I don't use the GUI since I'm running headless--and from reading around, it sounds like the feature may have made it into the GUI version, but I haven't found any documentation on enabling this feature through the console. Thanks!
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

Enable advanced in the GUI and you can manually enter the filename.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
kingliam

Post by kingliam »

Thanks Chetwood--the problem is that I'm running headless so I have no access to the GUI unless I run it through a virtualized gnome viewer or something. Hopefully there is or will be some way to do this through the console. Thanks!