Delete Statistics Tags Issue

Everything related to MakeMKV
abel413

Delete Statistics Tags Issue

Post by abel413 »

Hi,

I currently remuxed one of my BluRay with MakeMKV 1.10.2. It is fine but I get "Statistics Tags Issue" line and other lines below (FromStats_BitRate, FromStats_Duration...) which appear for Video but also different Audio. Is there a way to avoid these tags before or afterwards (delete them ?)) ? Are all MakeMKV versions using these tags ?

Code: Select all

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 2 frames
Format settings, GOP                     : M=1, N=10
Codec ID                                 : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration                                 : 1 h 41 min
Bit rate mode                            : Variable
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No
Statistics Tags Issue                    : MakeMKV v1.10.2 win(x64-release) 2016-12-11 12:06:36 / mkvmerge v2.4.2 ('Oh My God') built on Jan 18 2009 17:30:28 2016-12-11 12:30:39
FromStats_BitRate                        : 19952138
FromStats_Duration                       : 01:41:25.120708333
FromStats_FrameCount                     : 145897
FromStats_StreamSize                     : 15176394631
FromStats_OriginalSourceMedium_ID        : 001011
abel413

Re: Delete Statistics Tags Issue

Post by abel413 »

Actually it seems to come with MKVmerge as I remuxed something afterwards. But I am not sure.
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

The MKVMerge version you're using is ancient, it's not capable of dealing with the tags properly.

Unless you have a VERY good reason for using that particular version of MKVMerge you should be using the current one.
abel413

Post by abel413 »

ndjamena wrote:The MKVMerge version you're using is ancient, it's not capable of dealing with the tags properly.

Unless you have a VERY good reason for using that particular version of MKVMerge you should be using the current one.
Yes, indeed. Actually there doesn't seem to be a 'MKVmerge alone' but only MKVToolnix. I can't find MKVmerge alone without ToolNix, I guess it doesn't exist anymore byt itself ?

That's why I picked up that old MKVmerge which actually provides a MKV file I can play on my physical BD player (via an external hardware). Last version of MKVToolnix provides a great file but if I try to speed up the movie to reach a specific scene, it doesn't work with a speed > x2. With a x32 speed of navigation, the movie stuck and stops and I have to start it again. This doesn't happen with the MKV provided by that old MKVmerge version. I can speed and naviguate as much as I want. Do you have an idea what happens ? If I had not that issue, I will use MKVToolNix.
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

https://github.com/mbunkus/mkvtoolnix/w ... th-players

For a start.
abel413

Post by abel413 »

Do you mean I should use a command line via MKVToolNix with the different options from that link ? Actually I had a quick look but I have no idea for which reason it doesn't work. As I'm speeding up the movie, I guess my player doesn't try to reach some specific area or a key frame.
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

You don't need to use the command line. If you use the GUI there's an "additional options" option in the Merge Tool>>Output tab that lets you try each of the options using nothing more than a checkbox.

Try each of them, if you find one that works add it to

MKVToolNix GUI>>Preferences>>Default Values>>Default additional command line options

And you'll never have to think about it again (unless you actually prefer to use the command line, but it's best to figure out what works first, it could be anything, including maybe you misinterpreting what's been going on.... or not)
abel413

Post by abel413 »

ndjamena wrote:You don't need to use the command line. If you use the GUI there's an "additional options" option in the Merge Tool>>Output tab that lets you try each of the options using nothing more than a checkbox.

Try each of them, if you find one that works add it to

MKVToolNix GUI>>Preferences>>Default Values>>Default additional command line options

And you'll never have to think about it again (unless you actually prefer to use the command line, but it's best to figure out what works first, it could be anything, including maybe you misinterpreting what's been going on.... or not)
OK, well it will take a while then because I will have to try one setting then another one, remuxing each time...and copying mkv to my hardware to play it.
ndjamena

Post by ndjamena »

It should be worth it in the long run. You're missing out on 7 years of progress.

Do the makemkv files play fine? That could be a clue.