JRE not started

Everything related to MakeMKV
tor.dahl@hotmail.com

JRE not started

Post by tor.dahl@hotmail.com »

Hi,
A very newbie question but I have searched without success. I have installed makemkv v.1.10.5 on a win 8.1 pc. I now have a BD 'Hardcore Henry' with playlist obfuscation and have installed JRE build 1.8.0_121-b13. Unfortunately it does not seem that makemkv is triggering this though, there is no indication on which playlist to use in the description column. What am I missing?
TheTerrorBeyond

Re: JRE not started

Post by TheTerrorBeyond »

Have you pointed MakeMKV to the JRE application?
Media Server: i7-6800k (6-core processor), 32GB RAM, MSI Carbon Pro board, SAS RAID, liquid cooling, NVIDIA 1080SC, (6) 10TB Barracuda Pro, (4)8TB Barracuda Pro, (1) 6TB Barracuda, (1) 4TB Barracuda, (1) Toshiba 512GB SSD, (1) Intel 256GB Intel M.2 SSD.
TheTerrorBeyond

Media Server: i7-6800k (6-core processor), 32GB RAM, MSI Carbon Pro board, SAS RAID, liquid cooling, NVIDIA 1080SC, (6) 10TB Barracuda Pro, (4)8TB Barracuda Pro, (1) 6TB Barracuda, (1) 4TB Barracuda, (1) Toshiba 512GB SSD, (1) Intel 256GB Intel M.2 SSD.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

How are you determining that it is not starting Java?

MakeMKV does not start Java for every rip; only when it is needed. I only see evidence that it is in use when I put in an obfuscated disk, like Ender's Game. Otherwise, it operates as it did before. And it may not consider the disk you're trying to have obfuscation.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
kod4krome

Post by kod4krome »

Not to hijack the thread, but is there something in the log that would indicate makemkv didnt think it needed to use the JRE for this title? I'm trying with a lionsgate film 'Hell or Highwater (2016)' which has maybe 100 playlists. Thanks.
tor.dahl@hotmail.com

Post by tor.dahl@hotmail.com »

Thanks for taking the time to help me with this.

I have tried to enter the path "C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath\java.exe" into the "Custom Java executable location" field.
Uncertain if that is correct but that was the only place I could find the java.exe file.
Is there a way to verify if this is correct? Apart from actually locating the java.exe file in the file browser, which I have done.
I have seen other posts (on this forum) that indicates that it should not be needed to specify this anymore,
as long as I do not have several java installations and would like to use a perticular one. Is this correctly understood?

I have tried 2 BDs now (both from SF studios), both with several hundred playlists with the same size, which I thought was a sign of it being obfuscated. Is that true?
1: "Hardcore" Original Title " Hardcore Henry".
2: "Børning 2"

Any other suggestions / tips on how to get around this?

I can not see anything in the log indicating that Makemkv is trying to start JRE, as I have seen in logs in other posts.
TheTerrorBeyond

I had to point MakeMKV to the executable to make it work, but it doesn't actually work with every disc I have ripped with playlist obfuscation.

There are a couple of other ways to find the proper playlist, but I use PowerDVD and Process Monitor to find the proper title. This is, unfortunately, not a free solution, as PowerDVD is a paid application.

Perhaps some others here have suggestions that are free to use.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

If the playlist obfuscation code isn't kicking in on an obfuscated disk, that is one of the things Mike would like to have reported to him.

See this topic for more information: http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14330
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging