fatal error

Everything related to MakeMKV
Sabine

fatal error

Post by Sabine »

Hi,

found one dvd which lets MakeDVD crash. Maybe the screen shot helps a bit. I'm just about to test ripping with DVD Decrypter. Will post the result after coming home from work.

Sabine
Attachments
MakeMKV_error01.png
MakeMKV_error01.png (42.05 KiB) Viewed 14463 times
mike admin

Re: fatal error

Post by mike admin »

Sabine,

Could you please tell me the name of DVD. And it wouldreally help if you could enable logging of debug messages in settings menu,try to open the disc and copy the log here.

Thank you!
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

Mike,

it's a kid stuff dvd as almost all I'm testing with atm. This one is the german dvd Papyrus - Wie alles begann (http://www.amazon.de/Papyrus/dp/B00005N ... 468&sr=1-2).

I found the check box for the debug log in the prefs, but does MakeMKV save the log anywhere or does it just print it to screen? When it prints it on screen only I'm unable to copy the text because of the program crash. Can only make a new screener then, but many of the top messages are missing.

Maybe some of the problems result from the dvd-player games on the discs. I encountered some problems with disney discs, too.

Sabine
Sabine

Post by Sabine »

Mike,

didn't find any log file on hd, so here's the new screener.

Sabine

P.S.: Forgot to mention that ripping the dvd with DVD Decrypter works fine and the disc remains playable. MakeMKVing the ripped disc produces the same error...
Attachments
MakeMKV_error02.png
MakeMKV_error02.png (21.18 KiB) Viewed 14438 times
MikiJ

Post by MikiJ »

I am also getting this fatal error. The makemkvcon.exe crashes first with the 0xC0000004 error (access violation I believe). One second later makemkv gui reports fatal error and exists. The makemkv log is:

=== start ===
Using direct disc access mode
Title #0 was added (6 cell(s), 0:29:03)
Title #1 was added (6 cell(s), 0:29:24)
Title #2 was added (6 cell(s), 0:29:18)
Title #3 was added (6 cell(s), 0:29:47)
Title #4 has length of 15 seconds which is less then minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Title #5 has length of 46 seconds which is less then minimum title length of 120 seconds and was therefore skipped
Cell 7 was discarded (structure protection?)
Cells 8-end were skipped due to cell commands (structure protection?)
Title #6 was added (6 cell(s), 0:07:38)
Cell 1 was discarded (structure protection?)
CellWallk algorithm failed (structure protection is too though?), trying CellTrim algorithm
=== end ===

The DVD's in question are Allo! Allo!, season 4 (ISBN 1-4198-1904-6), season 5 disks 2 and 4, season 6 disk 2 and 4.

Cheers,
Miki.

P.S. Thanks for the great program. I'd like to add my vote to a Mac version as well.
mike admin

Post by mike admin »

Guys, please try the latest version 1.3 and let me know if it still crashes. Some errors that may cause this crash were fixed in that version.