MakeMKV not showing Source File Name

Everything related to MakeMKV
hammer

MakeMKV not showing Source File Name

Post by hammer »

I've been using MakeMKV for quite a while and I've never been able to see the MPLS file names that everyone talks about when looking for the correct movie file. In fact even the segment map never seems to correlate with what others are posting. All I see is:

Title information
Source title ID: 1
Duration: 2:03:46
Chapters count: 16
Size: 5.5 GB
Segment count: 2
Segment map: 4,7-23
File name: title00.mkv

Which has been nothing but useless when referencing other peoples posts on the forum. What am I missing about this wonderful program?
trumpet205

Re: MakeMKV not showing Source File Name

Post by trumpet205 »

What disc is this? Is it a DVD or a Blu-ray? And please post picture of when you open up the disc.
soyyoj

Post by soyyoj »

I have this problem also. I am new to MakeMKV and have just downloaded v1.10.6 and the information I get looks like what hammer has shown. For instance for John Wick DVD, I get the following:

Name: John Wick (English)
Source title ID: 13
Duration: 1:40:58
Chapters count: 17
Size: 5.6 GB
Segment count: 1
Segment map: 2-19
File name: John_Wick_t05.mkv
Wasabi

Post by Wasabi »

hammer wrote:I've been using MakeMKV for quite a while and I've never been able to see the MPLS file names that everyone talks about when looking for the correct movie file. In fact even the segment map never seems to correlate with what others are posting. All I see is:

Title information
Source title ID: 1
Duration: 2:03:46
Chapters count: 16
Size: 5.5 GB
Segment count: 2
Segment map: 4,7-23
File name: title00.mkv

Which has been nothing but useless when referencing other peoples posts on the forum. What am I missing about this wonderful program?
A 2 hour movie that's only 5.5 GB sounds like a DVD, so it sounds like you're missing that an MPLS is a Blu-ray playlist.