Constant need for new keys is so annoying. Better options?

Everything related to MakeMKV
Ejc116

Constant need for new keys is so annoying. Better options?

Post by Ejc116 »

Why does this app constantly require that I enter new keys? Every couple of weeks. It's ridiculous. I've never seen something so non-user friendly. I really wish there was an alternative app that I could use. Is anyone aware of any good alternatives that aren't so blatantly obnoxious? Thanks.
TheTerrorBeyond

Re: Constant need for new keys is so annoying. Better optio

Post by TheTerrorBeyond »

Buy the application. Pay the developer for his GREAT work and you will never have to enter another key.
Media Server: i7-6800k (6-core processor), 32GB RAM, MSI Carbon Pro board, SAS RAID, liquid cooling, NVIDIA 1080SC, (6) 10TB Barracuda Pro, (4)8TB Barracuda Pro, (1) 6TB Barracuda, (1) 4TB Barracuda, (1) Toshiba 512GB SSD, (1) Intel 256GB Intel M.2 SSD.
TheShoe

Post by TheShoe »

Ejc116 wrote:Why does this app constantly require that I enter new keys? Every couple of weeks. It's ridiculous. I've never seen something so non-user friendly. I really wish there was an alternative app that I could use. Is anyone aware of any good alternatives that aren't so blatantly obnoxious? Thanks.
BUY IT
d00zah

Post by d00zah »

Ejc116 wrote:Why does this app constantly require that I enter new keys? Every couple of weeks. It's ridiculous. I've never seen something so non-user friendly. I really wish there was an alternative app that I could use. Is anyone aware of any good alternatives that aren't so blatantly obnoxious? Thanks.
/buy/
The Griff

Post by The Griff »

Once smart phones came out and I started down loading apps, I learned that everyday folks spend their time developing and supporting (which I feel is more work than the development stage) these apps. So if I like an app, I make it a point to "buy them a beer", buy the paid version (I do not like ads), or just send the a few bucks to show my appreciation.

Now, maybe you cannot afford the $50 buck. If so, you will have to suck it up and re apply the new registration code when it comes out. Or, you can move on an try a different program.

That is about as PC as I get...... :roll:
Home server is Synology DS1513+ running 5 each WD40EFRX 4 TB drives for 14.4 TB usable storage.
T'hain Esh Kelch

Post by T'hain Esh Kelch »

Man, if only there was some way to get a code that you would only have to type in once.......
Lovely Rita

Post by Lovely Rita »

T'hain Esh Kelch wrote:Man, if only there was some way to get a code that you would only have to type in once.......
I only had to type mine in once. :wink:
Registered User :wink:
Buy MakeMKV
indyjoe1977

Post by indyjoe1977 »

I don't use the program a lot right now, but what I'm waiting for is AACS 2.0 to be cracked so I can rip those BDs. That alone, I'll pay for.
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

Lovely Rita wrote:
T'hain Esh Kelch wrote:Man, if only there was some way to get a code that you would only have to type in once.......
LMFAO!!! :lol:
yorgo

Post by yorgo »

indyjoe1977 wrote:I don't use the program a lot right now, but what I'm waiting for is AACS 2.0 to be cracked so I can rip those BDs. That alone, I'll pay for.
Why not "pay it forward" now so you can help further the development?
T'hain Esh Kelch

Post by T'hain Esh Kelch »

Lovely Rita wrote:
That was the point of my ironic post.. :)
indyjoe1977

Post by indyjoe1977 »

yorgo wrote:
indyjoe1977 wrote:I don't use the program a lot right now, but what I'm waiting for is AACS 2.0 to be cracked so I can rip those BDs. That alone, I'll pay for.
Why not "pay it forward" now so you can help further the development?
I've honestly kicked around that idea. I do use DVDFab for everything right now, since it does the compression and everything in one shot. I'll still have to use that in conjunction with MakeMKV, and all I will really use MakeMKV for is the odd disc that DVDFab won't handle, or, when it happens, UHD discs. There will come a time, UHD decryption or not, that I probably will go ahead and pay for it. It IS a great program. Right now, just hoping UHD decryption comes together soon. :)