Change Request - TICK - Select or De-Select everything?

Everything related to MakeMKV
markolarko

Change Request - TICK - Select or De-Select everything?

Post by markolarko »

Once a DVD / Bluray has been analysed Makemkv presents you with a decision / choice for you to 'un-tick' which files to copy.

Today I loaded Deepwater Horizon and it 'found' 326 26 gb files to copy!!!!
Clearly the index on the Bluray was being awkward and trying to be difficult....

So I am now presented with having to un-tick 325 individual lines to enable me to copy the one file I need.

Solution - have a 'group' tick that will either tick all or none of the entries. In general use you are only looking to copy one file so why does Makemkv tick all the entries by default.
d00zah

Re: Change Request - TICK - Select or De-Select everything?

Post by d00zah »

Right-clicking on an item in the left-hand list of titles shows a context menu which allows the user to:

- Toggle item
- Select all
- Unselect all
markolarko

Post by markolarko »

Excellent.. Would never have thought of that. In fact a simple Header with a tick box would have been a more sensible way of achieving the same. In today's world everything is becoming more self explanatory. I must be getting old!

Cheers
dogvomit

Post by dogvomit »

I second markolarko's reply. It's great that there is a way to do it, but how could anyone know this? I came to this BB to post the same suggestion as markolarko, and discovered this helpful answer. But it would have saved a lot of time and frustration if there was some indication in the user interface of how to do this. Just MHO.

Makemkv is wonderful.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

dogvomit wrote:It's great that there is a way to do it, but how could anyone know this?
Welcome to the world of context menus, originally from Xerox PARC, brought to the public by Apple in the Lisa and Macintosh, and butchered by Microsoft in Windows.

They're EXPECTED to be provided by software developers (there's even a dedicated key for them on Windows keyboards that no one ever uses).

So, whenever you're using an application on Windows, MacOS, or Linux graphic desktop, and think, "It would be REALLY NICE if I could do X here!", hover your mouse over the area you think it would be nice to do X, and open the context menu.... and see if X is there.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
markolarko

Post by markolarko »

I started programming a 4kb Honeywell H200 backalong in 1969. All procedural stuff in Cobol. Then object oriented code came along and what a wonderful world we now live in. Who would have thought that a mobile phone 2,000,000 more powerful than the roomful of kit I used to operate would take over the world of software. At least they dont have context sensitive capability in a right click. Appreciate the History lesson.