Make Mkv Pricing issue

Everything related to MakeMKV
TheTerrorBeyond

Re: Make Mkv Pricing issue

Post by TheTerrorBeyond »

The same software? If so, please tell us who this is, as they are stealing the work of this developer. To the best of my knowledge he does not sell this program under any other name.
Media Server: i7-6800k (6-core processor), 32GB RAM, MSI Carbon Pro board, SAS RAID, liquid cooling, NVIDIA 1080SC, (6) 10TB Barracuda Pro, (4)8TB Barracuda Pro, (1) 6TB Barracuda, (1) 4TB Barracuda, (1) Toshiba 512GB SSD, (1) Intel 256GB Intel M.2 SSD.
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

The pricing Mike set with the payment company (avangate.com) is USD50. Avangate handles local currency conversion and collects applicable VAT (GST in Canada) or national taxes.

As mentioned, there is only one place to get MakeMKV legitimately. There are outfits in China selling pirated keys to "relabeled" (i.e., pirated) copies of MakeMKV.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

According to the website for "Magic BluRay", the "latest version" has a release date of 2015-07-29. MakeMKV has had 16 releases since then, covering 8 different AACS versions and numerous BD+ changes, plus added UHD support.

Have to question how "well spent" that CAD64 is.

But, there is nothing that says you MUST spend money on MakeMKV. If you accept the idea of having to locate the revised beta access key every 60 days or so, you can still run MakeMKV for zero outlay of cash. Oh, you have to refresh the beta key every 30 days if you're ripping BDs.

Paying for it means that goes away.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
TheTerrorBeyond

Post by TheTerrorBeyond »

cjoes wrote:I am not aware of anyone violating your software patents.
If it is "the same BluRay ripping software," someone is stealing the intellectual property of the developer.
Media Server: i7-6800k (6-core processor), 32GB RAM, MSI Carbon Pro board, SAS RAID, liquid cooling, NVIDIA 1080SC, (6) 10TB Barracuda Pro, (4)8TB Barracuda Pro, (1) 6TB Barracuda, (1) 4TB Barracuda, (1) Toshiba 512GB SSD, (1) Intel 256GB Intel M.2 SSD.