MakeMKV front end?

Everything related to MakeMKV
misfit1

MakeMKV front end?

Post by misfit1 »

Hi,

I'm working on a frontend for MakeMKV. The goal is to be able to automatically rip and title Blu-rays / DVDs, including special features and episode titles and output them to popular media server formats. On windows, I support an Arconova Nimbie autoloader (I have yet to reverse engineer the protocol to support other platforms).

There's no way to do this but a fingerprinting algorithm, as many discs (I'm looking at you Disney) have absolutely no identifying information.

I've ripped about ~175 Blu-rays *movies* so far, but haven't expanded to TV series yet.

I have done this mostly for my own edification, but my questions for the community:
1. Would this be of any use to the community?
2. Does anything like this already exist?
3. Would anyone be willing to submit MakeMKV logs or (better yet) run the program against their discs such that I can capture their IDs and titles? I've run through all my Blu-rays, DVDs, and everything I can borrow :-)

Thanks,
dan
Woodstock

Re: MakeMKV front end?

Post by Woodstock »

I won't encourage or discourage you, but, should you decide to release it for others to use, please start a topic in the advanced usage forum, similar to the Movies2MKV topic, to handle questions and fixes.
MakeMKV Frequently Asked Questions
How to aid in finding the answer to your problem: Activating Debug Logging
Chetwood

Post by Chetwood »

misfit1 wrote:2. Does anything like this already exist?
Something like Blu-Ray Ripper? Just use Google, to get links approved here can take a while.
MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Uebersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
pathensley

Post by pathensley »

coming late to the party...

my nimbie will arrive this week, so I'll see what I can cobble together for batch ripping. afaik, you can either use imgburn or the included acronova batch software to read each disc to produce ISO's (and requires a well-known 3rd party tool to unlock the discs) - then you can use any of the standard makemkv batch cli tools to process the ISO's to produce mkv main titles.

but acronova has an sdk that I should be able to use to build a batch tool to feed the nimbie discs (via the hopper) straight to makemkv (which should reduce the processing time a little, and save some space as well).

have 1000+ blu-rays to process, so I'm definitely looking to reduce the manual handling - hoping to rip 50-75 titles daily.
pathensley

Post by pathensley »

turns out I didn't have to create anything new b/c the nimbie's QQGetTray utility automatically loads the next disc after my script ejects the previous one. simple 4-line "for" loop to rip the 1st 70+ min title (using makemkvcon), move/rename (see my other post), eject (via wizmo), & rest 40 secs (via timeout) while the nimbie utility loads the next disc.
techesk

Post by techesk »

Sorry for the necroposting, but I will have the use of a nimbie pro for a couple of weeks, and I'd love to use it to automate ripping my collection of blurays. I'm a total newb in this arena but otherwise fine technically. Would you mind sharing describing the workflow and potentially sharing the script so I can dig in? Thanks for your contribution to the community.